“Authentic down to the waiter”

Cuoco Pazzo Cucina Italiana
Ranked #49 of 924 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: USD 15 - USD 45
Description: Located in the heart of the Victorian Historic District of downtown Savannah, GA, Cuoco Pazzo Cucina Italiana ushers in the next era of Italian casual dining in Savannah GA. Authentic Italian recipes and ingredients, including veal, chicken, and seafood dishes; along with flatbreads, pasta, and paninis, make Cuoco Pazzo the go-to eatery for those visiting or living near Forsyth Park. A warm old-world atmosphere, al fresco dining availability, and southern hospitality are what define the Cuoco Pazzo Cucina Italiana dining experience. Now featuring the Best Brunch in Downtown Savannah. Every Saturday and Sunday, 10am-3pm. Our worldly menu features a combination of savory and sweet dishes, including eggs, seafood, Certified Angus Beef, crepes, and fresh veggies direct from the farmers market. Home of the Bottomless Mimosa and Sunday live jazz at Noon.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We ate here after a long drive, and we were not disappointed. Nice atmosphere with candles, though the tables were a bit close together. Our waiter had a heavy Italian accent, which added to the experience. My wife LOVED the special, crab-filled ravioli, and my son his flat bread margherita with pepperoni. My daughter and I both had the gnocchis, which were average with great sauce. The bread was very good.

1  Thank Russell W

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Great find in Savannah! Not what you are usually looking for when visiting Savannah since there is so much good southern cooking around. However, this place is delicious. Friendly service as well. Very casual place and not a place to go if you are in a hurry. If you want a leisurely, delicious meal, it is worth finding Cuoco Pazzo.

1  Thank durhampage
Reviewed 2 April 2018

the capresse salad was hands down the best i ever had. they use a crystalized basil, it was a game changer. my husbands spagaetti and meatballs was mediocre. staff was excelent.

1  Thank jessica B
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This place is like the good Italian you find in the northeast. Insalata Caprese was special. Veal picata top notch. My wife's frutti did mare was perfect. Service was a little on the laid back southern side but we were in no hurry. Overall a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I'm not sure I can amply praise how wonderful this restaurant, staff, management, and food is at Cuoco Pazzo Cucina. I had the privilege of taking part in a group brunch with some friends and doing a tasting of Cuoco Pazzo's new brunch menu.

On the edge of Savannah's historic district, this place is on busy Abercorn Street just south of Calhoun Square. There is parking available in the back as well as first-come meters on the street. You enter through a black gate on the side through a lovely herb garden and that's where your experience begins.

First off, the space is beyond charming. Its brick facade is warm and inviting and draws you into the homey-ness and comfort. The place is decorated with candle-dripped wine bottles on the wooden tables. Simple, but elegant. In the front is a dining room with a more formal feel to it. In the middle is a bar with seating and a few high tops. In the back are larger tables to accommodate bigger groups with surrounding window views of the back porch and flora. We were told there are plans to expand the back where they have a cornhole play area and outdoor seating by adding a bar, more seating, and a weekend farmer's market (exciting!!)

Our serving staff was incredibly attentive and greatly took care of us from getting our drinks, explaining the menu, and getting the food to us in a timely manner. Headed by the manager, Jeremy, and our head waiter, Ricky, the staff was fun and friendly and you can tell they love their jobs -- it shows in their enthusiasm. Jeremy is incredible! So welcoming and accommodating. He knows the restaurant back and forth and did everything to make us feel at home.

Now...to the food... WOW. I'm not exaggerating. I can be picky about discovering a new restaurant and I tend to set the bar a bit high because I've lived in Boston, frequented New York, Chicago, Miami, and up and down the California coast. I appreciate good food when it's well done. The chefs here are doing great good.

While the main menu has a lot of nods to traditional Italian food, the brunch menu had something for all tastes and preferences. The staff was attentive to offering gluten-free choices, as well as pointing out other allergies (such as tree nuts, etc.)

We started with the croque madam flatbread which had a bechamel sauce, taso ham, cheese, and a fried egg on top. It was ooey and gooey, salty, and smooth. Quite delicious. We moved on to the incredible take on caprese salad...drizzled with 25 year aged balsamic, a pepper-back flavored Spanish olive oil, fresh burrata cheese, and heirloom tomatoes (green, red, and orange). I'm NOT a fan of tomatoes, but I could not get enough of these...not because of the tomatoes, rather because of the layers of flavors. On top of all of this was a layer of fresh ground pepper and a generous topping of crystalized basil. Yes, you read that correctly. So, when that perfect bite was formed...cheese, tomato, oil, vinegar, spice, and herb...flavor explosion! We were literally dragging our fingers across the empty plate to get the last of the herbs and spices.

We moved on to the steak and eggs. The filet was served in chunks that were cooked medium. They were tender and seasoned perfectly. It was served with a chimichurri sauce that accompanied the meat without overpowering it. Home fries were on the side and two fried eggs were perfectly runny to sauce up the potatoes and steak.

We also had the brulee French toast. This was dessert in the middle of the meal. It sweet and delicious, silky, topped with fresh strawberries, blackberries, and grapes. We fought for the last bites!

A vegetarian burrito fill of beans, salsa, and corn was served on a gluten-free tortilla. It didn't last long either as we all dug in. Shrimp and grits joined the feast with six well-seasoned and grilled shrimp over a bed of yellow grits. It was good, but the consensus on the S&G was the grits weren't salty enough and not creamy enough. Still, we cleaned that plate, as well.

And, finally, we had something called the Upper East Side which consisted of a crispy potato galette, dill cream fraiche, chives, Norwegian smoked salmon and salmon roe. I know not everyone likes smoked salmon, but it was smooth as butter, and seriously melted in your mouth. I brought some home to my husband and he ate it in three bites.

The restaurant also offers eggs, a burger, an omelet, salad, sea bass, and a daily crepe offering.

I can't wait to bring my husband and friends to this place. I know we'll get great food, tremendous service, and leave with smiles and a wonderful experience.

1  Thank marley_h_gibson