3,512 results
All reviews ellis square city market fire pit mini bar non alcoholic drinks candied bacon great location free snacks complimentary glass of wine historic district walk in shower the river small balcony within walking distance modern hotel valet parking awesome hotel
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I was hesitant to write this because I felt bad, but honestly if you're paying money to stay somewhere you shouldn't feel bad. I agree with most reviews that the staff was very friendly and pleasant, and the location is perfect... but my lackluster review is because our room and other parts of the hotel were dirty or not tended to. We only stayed a night because we were already in Charleston for a few days, so it didn't seem worth our time to complain about it, since we just wanted to explore as much of the city as possible. Some concrete examples:
-there were multiple pieces of hair on the bathroom floor of our room (I wash my hands the minute I get to settle anywhere from traveling and I noticed the uncleanliness of the bathroom first)
-i found a rock / pebbles on the carpet
-the room was dusty
-there were clumps of dust by the elevator (at least on the floor I was on)
-the bathroom on the main floor (where you check in) had no toilet paper or paper towels

I have to be honest, I was expecting a lot more for this price point. I would not recommend since there are multiple hotels in that area which are probably cleaner and the same price.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lamara_Davis, Andaz Host at Andaz Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello Christina,

Thank You for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I want to apologize for the uncleanliness of the room when you checked in. This is not part of Hyatt standards. I will make sure I will inform our housekeeper supervisor. If would like to further discuss your stay, please feel free to email me at anytime.

Lamara Davis
912.233.2116
Lamara.Davis@andaz.com

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Saw this hotel in a review and wanted to give it a try. Nice location and friendly staff but room was not ready at 6pm for a 5pm arrival. Room was clean but minibar and snacks were empty except a half drunk iced tea in the fridge. One of the novelties of this hotel is the complimentary snack and mini fridge selection! The restaurant on the first floor for breakfast was out of batter for waffles and pancakes so the kids got eggs and bacon. We were promised muffins and cinnamon rolls but never received them. The kitchen staff seemed overwhelmed even though there were only a hand full of patrons in the restaurant for breakfast at 9am.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I truly saddened that your room wasn't ready before our guaranteed check-in time. I went ahead and took the liberty of sharing this with our housekeeping supervisors. I will also inform the FB manager of this issue. If you have anytime today, please feel free to email me at anytime to further discuss your stay.

Lamara Davis
912.233.2116
Lamara.Davis@andaz.com

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The Andaz blew away my expectations. The location can’t be beat. The beautiful, recently updated and trendy decor was so cute.. I want my house to look like these rooms! Comfortable beds, quiet rooms, the lighting in the bathroom is some of the best ever.. our room also had a private patio with French doors, which we loved keeping open while in the room to hear the horses clop by - or the church bells in the distance. Just overall totally blown away. I posted pictures of our room on my social media stories and got tons of replies about how cute it is. A friend already booked another Andaz property because of it! Stay there.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed 2 April 2018

First trip to the South and far exceeded my expectations. Loved staying at the Andaz Savannah. Complimentary beverage at check in was lovely and since they didn’t have the room style I booked, upgraded it to a suite. Everyone at the front was super friendly and helpful. Beautiful newly renovated room. Super comfortable beds. So nice!!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here this weekend and was not impressed. This was probably one of the noisiest hotels I’ve ever stayed at. We were able to hear full on conversations in the hallway, we could hear guests below us, and we could hear construction noise as well. They have the slowest elevators I’ve ever waited on. The service was mediocre. Our room was TINY. Overall just really disappointed. I would look elsewhere for hotels in this price range.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jordan H