1,370 results
All reviewsjones streetwine and cheesebeautiful streetthe main houseother guestsegg casserolegarden courtyarddessert hourhistoric districtbed and breakfaststreet parkingsouthern hospitalityfriesparking passbreakfast is servedevery morningeach evening
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Our stay was awesome. The staff went above and beyond what we could ever expect. Kelly was a gem. She took great care of us and treated us like family. We would highly recommend this inn. The location was great. You could walk to many things. We will be back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a 3 night stay at this lovely B & B. The staff were all charming and attentive. They all made you feel welcome in their home. Our room was clean and comfortable with great wi-if service. The breakfast was extensive, delicious, and changed daily. The biscuits were especially great!! The wine and cheese in the evenings as well as dessert and coffee later on were a very nice perk. The beautiful courtyard was a wonderful place to enjoy breakfast in the morning or your evening glass of wine. The location of the B & B is perfect as well. Easy walking distance to everything in Savannah. We would highly recommend this as THE place to stay in Savannah.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2017

What a beautiful lace to stay. Not to far from everything. Walking distance to everything in Savannah, the restaurants, River street, the shops and entertainment. Such nice friendly staff, can't wait to come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2017

Dirty dusty room. Used soap left in the shower. Matted dust and hairs on box spring. Dirt and hairs stuck to the baseboard under the bed. Dust and dirt stuck to the ceiling fan blades. Dirty carpeting.
Great night snacks and wine. Good breakfast. Front desk Kelly was great. Unable to reach the Inn Keeper as suggested by the staff to resolve the issues. Sad anniversary gift for my wife.

Stayed: November 2017
Elizathompsonhouse, General Manager at Eliza Thompson House Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Retired10103,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at The Eliza Thompson House. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests. I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whist an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience; I do extend it with all sincerity. I certainly empathize regarding the points you mention in your review, especially room cleanliness. This level of service is certainly not acceptable and will be addressed with the team member that prepared your room.

I am pleased to see that you did get to enjoy the other amenities of the house. Kelly is a true gem and I will be sure to let her know of your kind words. We will contact you to discuss further with you. Again please accept my apology I hope that this has not put you off a return stay with us.

Kind regards,
Del Mundle
Innkeeper

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Eliza Thompson House is a delightful property, in an excellent location for walking to the sights of Savannah. The residential street is beautiful, full of Southern charm.
The evening wine and cheese at 5:30 pm and dessert and sherry after 8 pm are wonderful touches of hospitality -- where guests can gather and share Savannah experiences. The ETH staff members are welcoming and helpful (especially concierge/ bellman Kevin).
Breakfast in the courtyard (or in the indoor breakfast room when the weather doesn't cooperate) is lovely. We will be happy to stay at Eliza Thompson House again!

Room Tip: The check-in level is up one flight of stairs from the street; rooms on the reception level are convenient to the living room parlor.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Elizathompsonhouse, General Manager at Eliza Thompson House Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thank you for your delightful review! We agree that the location and walking distance to everything is just perfect. The Eliza house events truly allow guests to meet and greet and become life long friends. I will definitely let Kevin and the rest of the staff know how much you enjoyed and appreciated their hospitality! Take care and hope to see you again soon.
Sincererly,