“Southern hospitality at its best among the staff and its guests”

Eliza Thompson House Savannah
Ranked #5 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was my first trip to Savannah and wanting a cute little B&B experience like the Elliott House in Charleston, I searched online until I found the Eliza Thompson House. Picturesque rooms...check. Soothing outdoor courtyard with running water...check. Wine and cheese hour...check. Coffee and dessert hour...bonus! I was impressed with the friendliness among both the staff and the guests, who had plenty of time to mingle among all of the above events, swapping stories of where to go and what to do next. Kevin was phenomenal, meeting us outside at our arrival to help us with our bags and attending our meter when it turned out to be broken. He was always available to answer our questions, offer a friendly tip, and remember the details of what we'd previously discussed. The location was central to most Savannah activities, allowing you to park your car and leave it except for the occasional visit to Tybee Island or move for street parking. The only thing I would add is for those with allergies, do make sure you bring your allergy meds. It is a city with lots of vegetation and lots of older buildings, so you will find yourself with a stuffy nose from time to time. The Eliza Thompson was a beautiful, relaxing place to make our central base for our long weekend, and I'd definitely stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: Our garden room was very quiet. It did get light from the courtyard, so bring a sleep mask if sensi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Eliza Thompson House Savannah

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I am one who reads every review when booking a vacation. I will never stay anywhere else while in Savannah. Everything is perfect: location (close enough to walk, but quiet), food (and they keep coming out with hot food up until the last minute), rooms (while we stayed in the smallest room, it was still roomier than a typical hotel room and so inviting and comfy), and staff! I can't say enough about how helpful the staff was. Ms. Nell at the inn went above and beyond for us during out stay. I can't stress enough for you to stop looking and book the Eliza Thompson House. It was one of the best experiences I've had, and my family travels often. We will be back!!!

1  Thank HopeHEllijay
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Every aspect of this fine B&B is outstanding. Spotless rooms, and helpful staff. They were eager to answer questions, and make suggestions for dining, and shopping. We love to walk, and enjoyed the stroll to the river, and several restaurants we would have never tried, had it not been for their guidance. We look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Can't imagine a bad choice of room.
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The Eliza Thompson House was the perfect backdrop for a romantic weekend my boyfriend and I spent in Savannah. The rooms were comfortable, nice breakfast in the courtyard each morning and wine in the study in the evening rounded out the stay nicely but what made this B&B a standout was the staff. The service was stellar. Thanks Eliza Thompson House! We will be back!

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd Floor off the courtyard are delightful!
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My wife and I just returned from Savannah. We stayed 3 nights at the Eliza Thompson House. We found every aspect of the Eliza Thompson House to be comfortable, clean and friendly. I can only echo the many positive reviews that so many others have written about. Erin at the front desk is very pleasant and helpful. Nell was only there one night during our stay, but was equally pleasant and helpful. We stayed in the main house, room 130. the room was very large and comfortable. it was also quiet and on the second floor. Breakfast each morning in the court yard was buffet style. We loved sitting in the courtyard and enjoyed breakfast. If you travel to Savannah I would definitely recommend the Eliza Thompson House.

During our stay in Savannah we also went to the Savannah Theater and saw "The Beat Goes On". I would highly recommend this show for an evening of great entertainment and fun. Dont miss it!!!!!

1  Thank Goway