All reviews china trade mary musgrove historic district main level rooms are beautifully decorated southern hospitality bed and breakfast common areas chef's specials within walking distance cocktail hour b bs each morning trip to savannah street parking the location is perfect turn down service
Reviewed 27 November 2017

This was our 4th stay at The Ballastone. Always enjoy our visits here. The staff is warm and helpful. Rooms are well appointed and the linens are amazingly comfortable. The Ballastone is conveniently located and is easy walking distance to many of Savannah’s favorite sights including the Savannah Theatre which is a wonderful venue for live music shows.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BallastoneInn, Guest Relations Manager at Ballastone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you for your review! One of Ballastone Inn's greatest advantages is its convenience to shops, restaurants and museums. We hope that you will come back for a 5th stay!
Kriste and staff

Reviewed 21 November 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Ballastone Inn for a long weekend recently. We travel to Savannah frequently and have stayed in other Inns and hotels over the years. Not anymore. From now on, the Ballastone is our inn of choice. First, the inn itself is beautifully decorated and maintained impeccably. Rooms are maintained to the highest standards, and, oh my goodness, the sheets...the most comfortable ever!

We stayed in the Palmetto Fan room which was beautiful and quiet. We never heard another soul. Very relaxing with a fireplace in the room and we enjoyed sitting by the fire reading and putting our feet up.

Breakfast was delicious every day. Really delicious. Don't miss it. Be sure and have the cinnamon rolls if they're available and the bananas foster French toast is to die for.

All staff is very friendly, kind and professional. Management runs a very tight ship and works to the highest level of professionalism and customer service. Kriste and Derek provided excellent southern hospitality and were very helpful with any recommendations.

Don't think twice, just stay here and you'll believe too!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandraott
Grits2, Owner at Ballastone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

"Management runs a very tight ship" guess thats me- now if I could just get someone to polish silver that you can see your face in, I would be really happy!

Thanks for noticing the details, its all about the details here at Ballastone, and our staff.
Jennifer and the staff

Reviewed 20 November 2017

The staff was so friendly. The room was comfortable and well appointed. The breakfasts are delicious. The afternoon tea was definitely worth enjoying. The location is perfect...right in the middle of a walkable city. We'd definitely go back!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Glad you enjoyed the tea. it really makes us stand out, as no other Inn or bed and breakfast have Teatime as we do.
jennifer and all the staff

Reviewed 14 November 2017

If you want a unique B&B experience, you need to stay at this inn. And if you are hesitating because of the price, don’t because it is more than worth it. The Ballastone Inn in extremely unique and should be on your bucket list (and not just one night). How often will you get to time travel or do the closest thing to it? Stay in a well maintained 180+ year old house that was once a speakeasy (where you can drink port or sherry from its’ antique bar) and alleged bordello decorated to the nines with antiques (used as the backdrop for a scene in the TV series about Zelda Fitzgerald) while chatting with a native Georgian southerner (Derek)?

I stayed at the Kehoe House on my first night in Savannah, which I thought was just really beautiful and a great stay. But dear lord, I gasped when I first stepped into this inn. Before arriving at this inn, I looked at many pictures of the inn online and thought they were might be pretty equivalent to many of the other beautiful historic inns in Savannah. But the pictures just don’t do this place justice. The walls in the main floor are a beautiful royal blue (I haven’t seen pictures that really capture this color) and every effort has been put into the décor down to the last detail. It was the written word in travel magazine articles that convinced me that this inn was something extraordinary and they weren’t wrong. They really make an effort to create a luxurious yet comfortable atmosphere with their southern hospitality and selection of music. I know people like to run off and spend the day touring the town, but I really had a hard time wanting to step outside of this inn. My favorite part was coming back from our dinner to the complimentary port or sherry at the antique bar and chatting with Derek, a well-spoken intelligent well dressed southern young man. He has a wealth of knowledge about the culture and history of Georgia (being born and raised there). It was particularly fun/lively one night when there was about 6 of us sitting in front of the bar enjoying his stories. He also gives the best food recommendations. Having lived in bigger cities like LA, New York, and Tokyo I am very discerning about food at both high end restaurant and diners. His recommendations gave restaurants in those cities a run for their money.

Price: I actually hemmed and hawed a lot about booking this inn because there were so many B&Bs and some really discounted. I actually ended up ruling out the cheaper B&B just because B&Bs can be more of an intimate experience with other guests in the house. I've experienced some very nice B&Bs that offered significant discounts attract some rowdy college kids more interested in partying in their rooms all night. Don’t get me wrong, I am usually eager to take advantage of great deals, but I wanted to ensure more of an elevated experience, a special treat for my hard earned money. This B&B does have that feeling of an exclusive country club, but without the snobbery.

Complimentary: This inn had plenty of food and drink (breakfast, teas service, hors d’oeuvres, port and sherry, chocolates, bottled water). They are also very accommodating so if you want your coffee stronger or more juice or soda, just say so.

Housekeeping: Good lord I could swear my bed was made twice in one day, which I thought was little above and beyond. Also, I noted that our bathroom got a really good cleaning with fresh towels replaced everyday.

Room: Our room was right outside of the reception area called Tea Olive. I did enjoy what little conversation I did overhear in the mornings because it was like I was living out a Southern Americana version of Downton Abbey.

Location: The location is so central, within walking distance to everything. It’s located right next to the Juliette Gordon Low House Museum, with rooms that I imagine overlooking their garden.

At the end of our 4 night stay, my husband and I agreed that this place is well worth the higher price. In fact, the only regret is that I did not splurge on a room with a jet tub. But he and I both agreed we would return.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SoKailua
Grits2, Owner at Ballastone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

We are so flattered, what more can be said. You are original with "bucket list" and certainly the Kehoe is lovely, we are most flattered with your comments and thank you so much for taking the time to let others know.
We forget how beautiful our foyer can be to strangers coming in, that is wonderful fabric wallcoverings by Scalamandre in NY, done especially for Ballastone using the official Savannah colors! Not many notice such detail.
As for Derek, what can I say, he practices his accent when no one is around, just kidding it flows naturally!

Jennifer
and the entire staff

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Beautiful B&B. Upscale in every way yet reasonably priced. Great location to historic areas.Walking friendly..Breakfast had excellent choices.Staff was most excellent and helpful. Must mention Derrick as he was the epitome of a true southern gentlemen. All waitstaff and housekeeping top drawer.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BallastoneInn, Guest Services at Ballastone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you for your kind review. Our staff work hard to ensure your stay is the finest in Savannah. Our breakfasts are amazing, thanks to our wonderful chefs, and Derek is truly a Southern treasure!
Kriste Sanders and staff