“Impeccable, friendly service!”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 27
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Blowin' Smoke Southern Cantina is a Savannah original, serving up in-house pecan-smoked BBQ, sandwiches, tacos, creative cocktails and more, all with a Southwestern influence. Join us on the patio or in our open air dining room Tuesday through Sunday! Conveniently located just a few blocks from the Historic District, on Habersham Street.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We came on the night of April 5th with our puppy, Pippa, having heard how well dogs are treated here. We’d been many times before, but this night stood out.

It seems as if there was some sort of staffing issue that left them extremely short handed. After a long wait, we got seated by the star of the night, the hostess with the septum ring. While the entire staff worked hard to keep a positive, attentive atmosphere, she really stood out to us. What could’ve been an otherwise nasty setback for our dinner plans became a really enjoyable evening.

Really, anybody who is good to Pippa wins our gratitude. Not only did the hostess bring out a bowl of ice water but she also brought out a beef rib which turned our usually rambunctious pup into a contented and distracted sweetheart. That alone is a miracle.

Food was noticeably tastier than usual. In times like this, it’s easy to drop the ball, but somehow our dining experience was BETTER than usual.

We watched the staff deal with some really inconsiderate people (who doesn’t know to see the hostess before sitting!?) with impressive restraint and undeserved kindness.

Overall, I’ve seen a lot of restaurants suffering from a night of staffing woes, and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen such skillful handling of a really tough situation. We will be back soon!

Bailey C, General Manager at Blowin' Smoke Southern Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you so much for this great review! We were short handed that night but it makes me happy to hear that you still received friendly service. Our goal is to make sure our guests and friends with fur enjoy their time, so thank you for your patience. See you soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went here on a Sunday evening around 6:00 PM. Our server Madilyn was fantastic. Service was quick. The food was 10 out of 10. I loved the poblano appetizer. The queso was nice and not too watery. We took our entrees to go because we were so full from our appetizers. They have an excellent beer selection and overall we both were just really impressed with the atmosphere and conversation with our server. This is definitely going to be a hang-out spot for us in the future.

Bailey C, General Manager at Blowin' Smoke Southern Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We think we have a pretty cool hang-out spot and we're excited to hear that you will be returning. See you soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch and drinks! The food was really good and had great flavor. I had the island hopper tacos and something was really spicy! However, I made it through! My husband had the wings and he said his neck was “hot”. Our friends had the fried green tomato taco, but had the sauce in the side. Our other friend had “the rib”! It was one big rib and it was super! The drinks were great, too! I’d come here again!

Bailey C, General Manager at Blowin' Smoke Southern Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thanks for the great review! We're happy that you will be coming back to see us!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I was very excited to have some BBQ on our trip to Savannah. We live in South Carolina and love smoked BBQ. We were looking forward to BBQ with a cantina twist. Unfortunately, the chicken was not very flavorful or smokey tasting. Food was good, but it’s not what I called smoked BBQ by any means. More cantina than smokey BBQ!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

When you have multiple appointments in a town during the week, it gets difficult to find good places to eat. We asked a local to recommend some place for lunch and he sent us to Blowin’ Smoke Southern Cantina. He said that they had some really good tacos. We had eaten a late large meal the evening before, so we figured that a couple of small tacos would be just right for lunch.

Wow! Were we ever wrong!! There was not a plain browned ground beef taco anywhere in sight. What there was were specialty tacos that are not only flavorful, but unique! I had the Pollo Loco, the Baja Shrimp, and the Memphis Belle with a side of Sweet Potato Salad. I’m not always able to eat everything in a dish. The waitress, Ashley, was absolutely wonderful about having the questionable ingredients served separately, so that I could try them first before adding them to the tacos.

The staff was very friendly. The food was amazing! The whole atmosphere of the restaurant/bar was literally timeless. I know because when we left three hours later we had not even realized that it had gotten as late in the day as it was. They are extremely dog friendly and even have water bowls for them. They also have beef rib bones on hand for the furry family members to enjoy. The restaurant is accessible for all physical disabilities. The parking is free and the location is away from the busy Downtown Historic District. For new parents, an actual changing table is provided for the little ones. There’s no hanging them on the wall. I finished off this superb meal with a Fried Ice Cream and an order of Sopaipillas. The only problem I had with Blowin’ Smoke is that, at some point, I had to go back to being an adult!!

Bailey C, General Manager at Blowin' Smoke Southern Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We'll see you guys next time!