New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great Concept, Wonderful Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown

Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
Marina, California
“Great Concept, Wonderful Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

What a great concept for a hotel. It's basically a small studio apartment, complete with full fridge, microwave and sink. Plates and glasses are provided. So you can, to an extent, cook meals here.
Pretty much everything is a 10-minute walk, or less, and the Charm City Circulator (free shuttle bus) stops basically right outside the hotel. I had a car for part of the time I stayed here and parked it overnight on the street. I had no problems and got spots less than a block from the front door. The neighborhood feels pretty safe and there are several restaurants and bars on Charles Avenue, right next to the hotel.
The room was excellent. I had a fantastic view of the city (my room faced north), the bed was very comfortable, the wired and wireless internet worked really well and it was very quiet, cozy and comfortable.
The hotel staff were nice and helpful, able to give directions and give advice and information on area attractions and restaurants. The casual lobby concept was very cool. There's a front desk area, but the common area is mostly couches and a few high tables, with a TV at the center. This is where breakfast is served. The breakfast was very good, and above the standards of most free hotel breakfasts. They changed the main dish each day but had toast, muffins and oatmeal as staples throughout my stay of three nights. Additionally, just like other Hilton properties with free breakfasts, there's a sort of condiment bar that includes dried fruit, brown sugar and other items, to compliment the oatmeal or cereal.
I had a great time in Baltimore and I think at least part of it was because of my decision to stay here. Being able to walk to everything made the logistics a lot more simple and having such a nice room to come back to made it a lot more relaxing. I'll be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank colinaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
South Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband & I took our three children (9,12 & 15) for a weekend get away to Baltimore's Inner Harbor area over President's Day weekend. We had a great experience at the Home2 Suites. We arrived at about 1:30pm and our rooms were ready, so they allowed us to check in early. When I made the reservations online (directly through the hotel's website) I requested to have our two rooms either next to each other or across the hall from each other. They did not have two queen suites together available, so they upgraded us for free to one king suite with an adjoining queen suite. This worked out even better, since we were traveling with the children we put them in one suite, popped open the doors between the adjoining suites and there was plenty of space (and a little privacy) for all of us!

The suites themselves were a very nice size with decently sized kitchens including fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, plates, cups, utensils, etc. Everything was very clean. The hotel as a whole was clean, fresh and modern. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Complimentary continental breakfast in the morning was just enough and there was a decent selection both mornings.

The hotel offers a valet parking service of $25 per day. We opted to park the car and either walk everywhere or hop on the city's free bus, the Circulator, which picks up about a block away from the front door. The hotel is about 8 blocks/1 mile from the harbor area and it isn't a bad walk at all. We made the trek up and back several times with the kids in tow at various times of the day & night.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and will definitely consider staying here again if in the area.

5 Thank KandB2008
speachnj, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
KandB2008,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your family's experience as you visited the Inner Harbor. I'm glad to hear you were able to be upgraded, and keep everyone together! I look forward to having you and your family return to The Home2 Suites for your next visit to the Inner Harbor.

Landstuhl, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed here over President's Day weekend based on all the good reviews. It lived up to its reputation -- a funky little hotel in a very convenient location. Got a really reasonable AAA rate online. The room was a spacious little suite with a decent size fridge (w/a big freezer), a microwave, and even a dishwasher. There was a sign that we could get an electric hotplate and skillet for free if we wanted one. There were enough dishes etc (and even a bottle opener and measuring cup) for us to have dinner the first night in our room. Decor is very IKEA like, and we could move the ottoman, table and rolling chair around so that we could eat in the room and then play a board game with our kids. We opted to let staff valet park our car (it was supposed to snow, even though it never did) and used the Circulator for our entire stay, since it had a stop right around the corner. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only negatives: 1) there were no luggage carts that first evening when we were trying to check in and transfer our stuff from the car. Ended up making several trips to get luggage up to the room. 2) Walls are paper thin (wasn't a problem for me since I am a fairly heavy sleeper, but my husband said he heard some interesting things! 3) And this is really the one that was the upsetting one - breakfast is included, but it is only served until 9 am, and if you don't get there early, you don't get anything. On our last morning, we got down there at 8:30 and EVERYTHING was gone. No bagels, no bread, no donuts, no english muffins, no eggs, no yogurt. When I inquired about staff replenishing these items, I was told that there were none that were "defrosted," so there was nothing else that was going to be put out. Staff surely know how many guests are staying at the hotel, so they should be able to better judge how much food they need.
Overall, it is a nice value hotel with some upscale touches in a really convenient location, and we would stay here again.

3 Thank llqool
Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Checked in at 4pm. Pleasant greeting. Able to park on street right next to front door. cost is 2$ per hour with a max of 2 hours. But town stops meter checks at 6pm -8am. So worked out well- only had to pay 4$ until morning time. Greeting w/fresh green apples. Hot beverage station. Funky modern but very fashionable decor and photos on wall. Room decent size with kitchenette in front. Plenty of cookware and gadgets. No cooktop but note that a burner will be brought up to room if you need it. Oven, microwave, good size freezer/fridge/ toaster/microwave,cabinets, dishes, strainers; Netrogena bath items. Pull out double but comforter stored in cabinet for it was musty. Asked for new one to be brought up and was w/i few minutes. Gym very nice as was breakfast eating area. Washer/dryer new and 2 of each next to gym .Many choices to eat at breakfast. Name brand cereals and yogurts. Bed a bit hard however. Pillows great. About 1 mi walk to harbor and eery walking back as many dark ally ways passed and streets empty. Would not want teens walking alone back to hotel. Passed a few homeless and beggers along way. Walgreens one block away if need medications,etc.

Room Tip: Biggest rooms are those next to elevators which we had. Did not hear elevators at all. We had fifth...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elly H
speachnj, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
njskiiier,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Home2 Suites Baltimore. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and were able to see so many of the amenities that we offered! A note for your next visit - If you don't feel like walking from the Harbor later in the evening, the city offers a complimentary shuttle service called the Charm City Circulator that has North and Southbound stops within a block of the hotel. There are some great events coming to Baltimore this summer in addition to the already wonderful Inner Harbor and Camden Yards - The Star Spangled Sailabration will occur June 13 - 19th and will fill Baltimore with events relating to the 200th Anniversary of the War of 1812 and will be great for a family vacation!

We hope to see you again soon,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I booked a three night stay to visit my sister who is ill and in a nursing home. We have visited Baltimore numerous times over the last year to see here and this was the best hotel stay so far. The room the first night was great. The second night cigarette smoke was discernible and very strong (room 401). We phoned for a new room and were immediately given a new room.

The next nights were fine. The workout room was great. It was clean and well lit. The treadmills were nice because of the attached TV feature.

The on-street parking from 6 PM to 8 AM was perfect. We were told that by the staff. It saved us valet parking. Especially since we were at the nursing home all day and into the evening.

I have to give a shout out to the staff, especially Tyrus MiGlore who checked me in and Linita Foster who made the whole trip better. They made me feel safe and comfortable and welcome.

The breakfast was perfect. Great coffee bar and continental breakfast selection.

I will go back to visit my sister and will book here again. It was easy access to the highway and to the airport. A great location for business or pleasure.

I also liked the curtain between the bed and sitting area. It helped block the light that comes below the door to the room and hall. That annoying light that never goes away? Yeah, that one. That curtain is a sleep saver. At least for me.

Room Tip: Get a higher room. I was in 401 then 601. No cigarette smell in 601.
2 Thank shelbyegg
shelbyegg,

A sincere thank you for the great comments you left regarding your recent stay at the Home2 Suites Baltimore! Let me apologize for the smoke smell you experienced, there should certainly not be any smoke smell on a non smoking floor. I will ask Tyrus and Lanita to read the response, I'm sure it will make their day to see their great service recognized. Please reach out when you come visit us in the future, it would be my pleasure to take care of your reservation myself.

Yours in Hospitality,