“3 night stay for business meetings”

Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“3 night stay for business meetings”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed here last week of March for business. The hotel is in a great location, we walked everywhere we went for dinner. The hotel was extremely clean and well maintained. My room was a king room on the back side so I did not have a harbor view. The meeting rooms were well appointed but REALLY COLD. We could not get anyone to help us with the fact that we were freezing in the meeting space. The meals were very good with a breakfast buffet and lunch served daily. Not sure what this cost our company but it was very convenient and well done.
The parking is a joke. Parking is NOT included in the room rate so you pay $28.00 a day for self parking and $40.00 per day if you use the valet. So they got me for $84.00 to pull in on a Monday and leave on Thursday, what a racket.......

Room Tip: get harbor view if available
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
Washington DC
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We just spent one night here, but I was impressed with the hotel. The rooms were nicely decorated and the bed one of the best I have slept in (better than my own) in a long time. The hotel staff was beyond friendly and helpful and the location couldn't be better for enjoying the waterfront. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed here as a participant in a conference. Hence, I got a good rate.

THE ROOM: I had an inside room with queen beds. Both the room and the bathroom were quite spacious. The room was beautifully appointed. Everything was clean except the outside of the windows in need of washing. The luggge rack was higher than normal making it easier on the back. Aveda products are offered in the bathroom.

I requested a quiet room. I was placed on the 10th floor, a designated "Quiet Floor." If quiet is important, ask for this floor. When walking the corridors, I could easily hear conversations in rooms I passed. I suspect this is because of the large foyers with ceramic tile resulting in sounds not being absorbed. If privacy is important, keep your voice down.

The hotel doesn't have many guest room floors but each floor has many rooms. The corridors are in the shape of a square and quite long. If you have trouble walking or have heavy stuff to carry, consider a room closer to the single bank of elevators.

THE RESTAURANT: I ate breakfast in the hotel's restaurant three mornings. It was never busy. The service ran the gamut from slow and indifferent to efficient and courteous. On the second morning I ordered crab cakes benedict ($17). They were fabulous. The next morning an acquaintance ordered them and was very pleased. If you like crab cakes benedict, don't miss these.

THE NEWSPAPER CONUNDRUM: When checking in, I overhead an adjacent clerk offering a guest a choice of morning newspapers. I was not offered a paper. So I asked for one and was given a choice of USA Today or The Wall Street Journal. I selected The Wall Street Journal and was delivered a USA Today the next morning. Although I'm a Marriott Rewards member, I figured the aforementioned guest had higher status than I. But then a friend attending the conference, who isn't a Marriott Rewards member, received a daily paper. I have no idea what the policy is. If you want a paper, ask for it at check-in.

EXPERIENCE AS A CONFERENCE ATTENDEE: I attended a three-day conference with about 400 attendees. The hotel provided continental breakfasts, lunches and break refreshments. We had large space for general meetings and various smaller rooms for breakout sessions. The hotel did a fabulous job with excellent coordination. Their performance was flawless from my perspective.

MISCELLANEOUS OBSERVATIONS: I arrived at Penn Station via Amtrak. Taxis were plentiful. The cab fare to the hotel was $6.40 before tip. I left the conference shortly before closing. No taxis were available at the hotel and the friendly doorman needed to summon one.

Key cards are not required to access guest room floors. I noticed security guards patrolling the facility on numerous occasions. However, someone can access the hotel and enter the elevators unobserved.

The hotel is connected to a galleria with many shops and restaurants. I did not patronize. It's about a 15-minute walk to Little Italy with many restuarants. I ate dinner there on two occasions.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ChicagoKen60657
Arizona
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This hotel is in a great location in the harborfront area. You may get a great view if your room overlooks the harbor. I unfortunately had an awesone view of the parking ramp. This hotel is strange in that there's a small mall built on the side of it that you can access directly from the hotel lobby. Food and parking are pricey. My room was nice and clean. I found quite annoying was that numerous emergency vehicles use the road in front of the hotel quite frequently. On a Sat nght I couldn't sleep due the incessant siren noises echoing between the buildings. It sounded like they were in my room on the 7th floor!

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view. Bring ear plugs in case the emergency vehicles are active
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DesertCreatures
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We arrived on Saturday evening check in was a breeze considering I had booked multiple rooms. Was told at check in parking was 28 per day unlimited access. We had a great stay love the location right across the street from inner harbor attractions and connected to the mall. Upon retrieving our vehicle at check out nobody from the hotel advised that valet was not 28 dollars per day but 40 BUCKS PER DAY!! (we hadn't used the vehicle since check in).
We flew back home on Monday afternoon to wake up Tuesday and realize I left my very expensive flat iron in the room :/ immediately I called the hotel was transferred 3 times to be put on hold for 33 minutes to somebody answering the phone asking me "who is this" so for the fourth time I explained what I left there and what room I was in and was put on hold again for someone to eventually hang up the line. Very frustrated I called and asked to speak to a manager of the hotel and was told they were unavailable and had to leave a message…no return call.
I am a professional stylist that is now out a $165 tool for my job that I have to replace since the people who work at this hotel aren't honest enough to return the customers belongings!!!!! Every hotel I have ever stayed at and left something in the room they have notified me or I went back/called and received my belongings, never again would I stay here based on the treatment of their dishonest staff!!!

• Stayed March 2012