1,778 results
All reviewsexplorers loungeacross the streetharbor view roommaryland science centerchocolate covered strawberriesfederal hillbeautiful hotelbottle of champagnevalet parkingcamden yardsrooms are largeindoor poolfront desk staffking bednational aquariummini fridgefitness center
Reviewed 23 April 2015

The personal service and attention was unbelievable. The assistant in the lobby - his name is James- could not have taken better care of me if I were his own mother. With every trip to the lobby, I was greeted and asked if I needed any help. I can't wait to visit there when there is a game in Camden Yards which is right around the block.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Eileen L
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2015

Eileen, thank you for the lovely comments about your recent stay. James is one of our fabulous Doormen, and his hospitality is absolutely genuine, as he takes great care of his fellow associates in the same way he treats guests. We will certainly share your comments with James!

As you mentioned, Oriole Park at Camden Yards is within easy walking distance from our hotel, and because of our location along the banks of the Inner Harbor, all of the museums , shopping, and attractions of the Inner Harbor are right across the street from our property.

Of course, what sets us apart the most from other Inner Harbor hotels is the high level of personalized service we strive to deliver to each and every guest. We are happy that James left a memorable impression and contributed greatly to your overall experience in Baltimore and at our hotel. With baseball season in full swing, we look forward to having you return soon to catch a game at "the ballpark that forever changed baseball"!

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

We have been meaning to visit the inner harbor area formany years, and we finally got. It to happen. We stayed at the Sonesta and had a blastClose to the harbor and a short walk for even an old guy, we had more fun than we have had in years. Service, food, and accommodations were top notch. The hotel is recently renovated and is beautifull on every level, a really A 1 trip

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

We are pleased to learn that you finally made it to the Inner Harbor, and your experience staying with us at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore contributed significantly to an excellent Charm City experience! As you describe, our location right on the banks of the Inner Harbor means that you don't have to walk far at all to enjoy the sights of downtown Baltimore and the Inner Harbor, with the National Aquarium, Harborplace, Maryland Science Center, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, and Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum just a few of the attractions within easy walking distance of our hotel. Also, the water taxi stop at the Maryland Science Center is right across the street, and the complimentary Charm City Circulator bus picks up next door to our hotel to easily connect guests to other neighborhoods as well as the historic Fort McHenry site, the birthplace of the Star-Spangled banner.

We are glad that you enjoyed not only the new look and new vibe to our hotel, but also the great service provided by our terrific team as well as our amazing culinary selections. Don't wait too long to plan a return trip to Charm City, because we would love to host you again!

Reviewed 22 April 2015

We had a wonderful stay ! We enjoyed the "Suite Deal" and it was awesome. The breakfast was good and the room was beautiful! Loved the indoor pool, and outside basketball court. Kids loved it. We will come back again!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Susan, thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay! We love the "What a 'Suite' Deal!" package as well! The package includes a harborview suite, breakfast each morning for each guest listed on the booking, and complimentary overnight valet parking--all at a discounted rate! This package provides significant value for the price.

Our amazing Fitness Center includes our indoor saltwater pool (open 5:00 am through 10:00 pm daily) which features a dedicated lap lane as well as plenty of room for splashing and playing, plus a hot tub, men's and women's saunas, a yoga/Pilates room, a racquetball court, free weights, and Life Fitness workout equipment. The sports court just outside the Fitness Center on our rooftop (with amazing views of downtown) is set up for basketball, tennis, and even volleyball! All of the equipment needed is available at the hotel's Front Desk.

We hope that you will again choose Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore for your next Charm City adventure. We welcome the chance to take great care of you again!

Reviewed 21 April 2015

I will start with the positive. The location was great, on the inner harbor and close to Camden Yards. The hotel was beautiful, our room was large, immaculate, and the bed was very comfortable. The employee at the door (I don't know what his job was and don't know his name) was very friendly and welcoming every time we entered and exited the hotel. We arrived mid morning to inquire about parking, since we would be going to the Orioles game in the afternoon and would not be able to check in until evening after dinner with friends. The desk clerk explained the parking options and gave us a ticket for the garage. She offered to store our luggage for us. She was very helpful. The rest of the staff that we encountered was average or above average, with one exception. My husband had asked the front desk about getting 2 sodas. He was also looking for the non existent business center. The woman at the desk printed our boarding passes for us. He was directed approx. 2 blocks away to obtain the sodas. He never found the convenience store. We were very tired with sore feet from walking miles in DC for 3 days prior, then exploring the Inner Harbor and walking to the baseball game. All we wanted to do was relax in our room with a glass of soda. I tried calling room service, customer service and the front desk many times. I let it ring many times. I only got one answer. i heard my name and responded yes, but then nothing. We then went to the desk again and inquired about how to purchase 2 sodas. Again, we were directed a couple of blocks away. I told the man at the desk that I tried calling room service, etc., several times, but no one answered. He turned his face away from us and stepped away. We decided to try the bar and he gladly got us 2 cans of soda and 2 plastic cups with ice. Why didn't the front desk suggest that?

I assumed that people that obviously were dressed for a baseball game were not the type of people that this hotel prefers, but at breakfast the next morning, I noticed a Ravens flag hanging on the hotel right outside the window.

Upon check out, I mentioned that our room was very hot in the AM. I had the thermostat set at 68 degrees and the temperature of the room was 81 degrees. She thanked me for the info. She asked if I had called about this, which I hadn't, since we were leaving anyways. I mentioned that I tried calling various numbers the evening before, but no one answered. She stated that our phone must not be working, due to the renovations on that floor. I made the reservation and paid for it 4 months prior. Why was I put on a floor that was still being renovated? If I wanted to sleep in and take advantage of the noon check out, I would have been a lot more dissatisfied. There was construction noise and the heat was uncomfortable. We travel a lot and are Hilton Honors members, but chose this hotel because of location and the mostly positive reviews.

We really liked Baltimore and will be back, but will have to read the reviews of the Royal Sonesta carefully before choosing this hotel again.

Room Tip: Wait until renovations are complete.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rphdiana

We really appreciate the detailed feedback you have provided in your review, and we will share your comments with our Front Desk, Front Door, Explorer's, and Maintenance teams. For more than 30 years, strong guest service has been the hallmark of our hotel, and clearly we fell short of meeting our expectations as well as yours.

Our property renovations were completed in late March, but in the first half of April, the renovation team was still completing "punch work" by adding finishing touches to guestrooms and other areas of the hotel. We apologize that your phone did not work; as you can imagine, within the scope of a $10 million project we have discovered some unusual circumstances such as this. Our team is quick to make the corrections as soon as any issue is uncovered.

We are proud to host a mix of business and leisure guests, as one would expect given our location on the Inner Harbor within steps of the downtown business district. If anyone at our hotel made you feel uncomfortable because you were dressed in casual clothes, I would like to know the details so that I can follow up personally with the team members. We are here to serve our guests, and to treat them as our guests at all times.

Thank you for feedback about the challenges faced in finding sodas in the late evening. We have just brought about a new leader for our Food & Beverage operations, and I am confident that we will find reasonable, affordable solutions to this issue very quickly. We will certainly spend time with our Front Desk team reviewing both the current and new options once we finalize our plans in the enar future.

We know that when traveling to Baltimore, you have many choices in where to stay. We hope to earn your business again during your next visit to Charm City, and we will provide you a better overall experience for certain.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

This is a very nice hotel at a great location for enjoying Baltimore. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The ONLY small issue during our visit was that the room cleaning service was a bit off...not giving us all towels, forgetting to re-stock coffee, etc.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us recently, and thank you for your candid feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel, and the genuine hospitality and service delivered by our terrific team. I apologize that our usually terrific housekeeping service missed the mark during your stay. I will share your comments with the entire team as a reminder about how important every detail is to ensure the happiness of our guests. We hope you will return and stay with us again soon, and share your feedback about how the housekeeping service on your next visit compared to this visit.