“Fun place for dinner”

Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We had dinner here on a Saturday night with another couple and waited about 30 minutes. You can leave and go shopping in Hamden though since they call you-which is great!

I've been here before and wasn't disappointed! The place is lively and has interesting décor. Our waitress wasn't particularly friendly, but she wasn't rude either.

We all enjoyed our food and wait time was appropriate. We had sweet potato French fries (they were out of tater tots!) which were good. I had the mushroom omelette and my husband had a burger. Both were good, in fact he declared his one of the best he's had! Our friends enjoyed their meals as well.

We would definitely come back here again!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Visiting family in Maryland who took us to lunch here. I was amazed at the number of vegetarian and vegan options. FUN! We started off with the soy chrizo nachos. Light on everything but chips, sadly. No beans?? Still, we enjoyed. I got the buffalo un-chicken sandwich. While the nachos were mostly chips, this sandwich was chock full of un-chicken. I think it could have used more buffalo sauce, but I enjoyed regardless. It came with garlic fries. My surprise when I saw minced garlic on top of my FF!

Attentive service. Would go again

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Great bar with a variety of beers. Food is good, but not consistent. Their tater tots are delish.
And I recommend the bison burger.

The staff sometimes seems inconvenienced, not overtly friendly. And the despite the beer selection in the bar, it is often hard to get one because they never seem to have enough help.

If you are vegetarian or vegan, this is a good place since they have many options.

I want to like this place, but I just usually leave feeling disappointed. The only reason I'm giving it 3 out of 5 is because they offer lots of options for vegetarians, which can be hard to find.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We eat at Golden West every few weeks. The burgers are good but all their other food is good also. They have a great selection of beers on tap. The ambiance is quirky. A mixture of 1950s stuff and some weird animal heads and other peculiar adornments. The service is usually by eager-appealing very friendly young skinny people with tattoos and piercings. Very prompt and pleasant, though. Ask a question about their food or drink or about the neighborhood and they will tell you. You will be sorry to leave and eager to return. Oh and the deserts are good. Taharka Bros. ice cream. The best!

Reviewed 17 April 2017

The staff who served me at Golden West was the best in my life, the Great Big Guy. I wonder how this restaurant could manage such wonderful staff.

We ordered for Sweet potato fry, Noodles soup and chicken. And, all them were fine and came within short time.! Inside the café it was a very casual and comfy atmosphere and every table was filled with customers even during a weekday evening. Families, individuals, couples, all types of customers were and enjoying food and time at the restaurant.