All reviews park sleep fly early flight dunkin donuts washington dc bed was very comfortable
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I don't usually review hotels where I have stayed for one night - but people need to be warned about this place! My husband is a member of the Choice Rewards Program, so we always try to stay at one of their places We were leaving for Jamaica out of BWI and stayed here only because it was a Choice Hotel. We decided to use the shuttle service to save a few dollars, because the on-site parking was $5.00 a day and at the airport long term parking may have been $9.00 a day. The room itself was fine. The hallways however were filthy and the elevator was really, really smelling - so much so that after my 2nd trip in it, I put my shirt over my mouth and nose. Have no idea what was going on there, but the elevator stank to high heaven! Just one night right. We have no problem getting the shuttle to the airport, as we lined that up the night before. Super nice gentleman, very helpful Now we get to the whole point of this review and that is the pick-up or lack thereof! We had a sheet with instructions to call when we had gathered our bags and went to the specific site for hotel shuttle pick ups. My husband calls, and we wait, and we wait and I see the Hampton Inn Shuttle, Hilton Shuttle and the Doubletree Shuttle at least twice, when I tell my husband that we should call again - he gives me the number and I confirm that he had called 36 minutes prior because the sheet of paper does say to give them 30 minutes to have the shuttle get to the airport. When I call I get a lady who asks if "have you gathered your bags yet?" I respond, "Yes, we gathered them more than 36 minutes ago when we called and in the meantime we have seen 2 shuttles for Hampton, Hilton and Doubletree, so when is our shuttle coming exactly or should we be getting a taxi?" And, she hung up on me - WOW, just wow, I was annoyed, but didn't swear and felt that was a legit question. We wait a bit more, and then my husband calls again and asks and we hear the shuttle in on the way. Shuttle gets finally gets to our pick up more than an hour after we have been waiting after a very long day of airports, flights and we still have a 4 hour car ride home. The bus driver was very apologetic, but he never got the call after our first call.....so lesson learned, will not be staying here where we need to fly out of BWI again!

Room Tip: shuttle service
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
comfortinnbwiairport, Hotel Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the Comfort Inn & Suites,BWI Airport,Baltimore.
We are very much concerned with your feedback.
Our apologies for the bad experience as mentioned by the lengthy feedback.
Our endeavor is to offer a nice stay to all our guests but failed this time.
Actions shall be taken to improve everything on priority and you can have a good stay next time.
Hope you will reconsider.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

The room I was given has had a hard life - every flat surface is marred, scratched, blistered and weirdly sticky. The fridge was dirty and the little freezer was so full of frost you couldn't have put anything in there. The frame around the mirror is broken. Every lampshade is damaged in some way. The floor clearly had not been vacuumed, the fixtures were dusty (lamps, coffee maker), and there was a cobweb on the ceiling. The caulk in the tub was cracking like it was years old. Guests definitely smoking despite being "100% smoke-free". All of this on top of not really getting a great deal on the room and they want to charge twice as much for the subsequent night.

Room Tip: Not sure - can hear a lot of noise from outside/parking lot on south side.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
comfortinnbwiairport, Hotel Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thanks for your comments about your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport,Baltimore.
I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable.
You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time.
Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

I don’t know if I got a crappier room(s) because I chose the park and fly rate, but I won’t ever stay at a Comfort Inn again and will not recommend this particular hotel to anyone as it is in desperate needs of major upgrades. The rooms (we were assigned to two) were large and clean but have major issues. The first room had a couch that looked like it was found in a frat house/dump and the hot water didn’t work. The second room smelled stale/musty, the shower door was in poor shape and had to be opened closed with two hands because the glass rubbed on the metal frame, but at least the hot water worked. There are humidifiers sitting around the hotel, which signifies way too much moisture in the air. The air conditioner in the hall by the elevator on the 3rd floor had a puddle of water laying on it along with a pile a paint that had pulled away from the air conditioner. I'm sure this is an OSHA issue. The continental breakfast may be nice, but we wouldn’t know because a bus of tourist consumed the whole breakfast area and wiped everything thing out (before 8:00 am). We asked for a manager but were told a manager is not on-site and were handed the managers business card.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from the Comfort Inn & Suites.
We are very much concerned with your feedback.
Our apologies for the bad experience.
Our endeavor is to offer a nice stay to all our guests but failed this time.
Hope you will reconsider.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Shuttle is every half-hour. In-room refrigerator was broken. Couldn't find a working ice machine. The water pitcher in the lobby was empty. The desk was insufficiently staffed. The property looks like it's been ridden rough and raw.

Stayed: June 2018
comfortinnbwiairport, Hotel Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport.

We appreciate your feedback. Please allow me to offer our apologies for the inconveniences that impacted your stay.

Your observations has been taken up by a team for verification and necessary actions.
It shall be our endeavor to offer a fantastic experience to all our guests, but regret that this was not case with your stay.

It you would like to get away in near future, I shall personally assist you to ensure that you get a fine stay as I don't want your last memory of this hotel to be a negative one.

Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2018

this was the worst room I've ever stayed in.
I booked a suite
The air conditioner in the bedroom did not work,the face of it was falling off, mold on the window frames, bathroom ceiling drywall tape falling off and paint peeling,
I would not even sit on the couch. I was stained badly. Blinds in living room were starting to fall off.
Dehumidifiers in hallways that were constantly running.
Was there on business so we also used a conference room . The ceiling was dripping water from the air conditioning ducts. Yes we are sure of this as we were at a builders meeting so most of us know what we are talking about.
the smell of mold was throughout the hotel.
I only stayed one night and went somewhere else to sleep.
Everyone in conference room for 2 days shared similar stories.
I've stayed at a number of comfort inn's and this is the worst by far of all hotels I've been to
But the front desk people were very polite.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that several important issues combined to make your stay less than desirable. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Hotel Manager