“Good Seafood!”
Review of Roy's Restaurant

Roy's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 2,429 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: USD 10 - USD 40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Cross street: President Street
Transit: MTA bus stop a half block away. Charm City Circulator stops across the street. We also offer our own complimentary shuttle to & from all city centers & hotels
Description: Blending classic techniques with adventurous Pacific Rim flavors, culinary pioneer Roy Yamaguchi created an entirely new approach to fine dining. The first Roy's opened in Honolulu in 1988 and we've spread our warm hospitality and passion for innovative and creative cuisine and beverage around the world ever since. Join us tonight in Baltimore, MD to discover the fresh ingredients and outstanding seafood, expertly prepared by our local chefs that made us famous.
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Sushi, sea bass, and the best drinks you can drink. I had the sampler which included salmon, ahi, mahimahi, and butterfish.

I will be coming back, they have good service and a great location downtown.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Our first dinner in Baltimore was at another restaurant that very surprisingly (it was well reviewed), was not good and we had to get up and leave... It was getting late and on our walk back to the hotel we stumbled across Roy's and decided to give Hawaiian Fusion a try. The hostess was friendly and our server was fantastic--off to a great start. I had an Ahi tuna entree that was just seared on the outside and had really nice seasoning. My husband got the surf and turf and while the shrimp and sides were very good and the filet started off okay, it did have a fair amount of gristle in the middle so he left a fair amount of that on his plate. Had this night of dining out not been as chaotic as it was we probably would have spoken up about the filet but all else was served as it should be and we decided against it. He wasn't too soured on the experience so we had dessert as well. The lime tart and chocolate souffle were delicious. Roy's might not be our first choice when we are next in the area but we would give it another try.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 13 January 2018

It's restaurant week, and I've always wanted to eat at Roy's. I went with two of my friends and had such an incredible experience. The server, Mo, was friendly and personable. She explained the menu options and made great recommendations. The food was seasoned perfectly and tasted delicious. I highly recommend dining at Roy's. The service and the food are top notch.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to Roy’s. We’ve been to most of the other seafood restaurants in the Inner Harbor. All of us were absolutely in heaven! The lobster bisque was great...and I say this as a person who will get crab or lobster bisque any time it is on the menu! I would say this was second to only one place, which is on the Outer Banks! The biggest reason...because it wasn’t salty!!! Nothing ruins a bisque like salt!!! Anyway, we also had a few specialty rolls, which were all good. I saw a lot of reviews raving about the butterfish...my son and I bother got the fish trio, which included this, but both of us felt that their salmon was the best...cooked and seasoned perfectly!!! Another plus was the fact that the manager came by a few times, just to make sure we were happy...go figure!!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Loved that we were seated in a private area which was conducive to talking without a lot of noise from the bar area. The server was excellent. Although I asked about one of the entree options being fishy she assured me this wasn’t the case. We enjoyed our appetizers. When my entree arrived the fishy odor was very unpleasant. They were quick to remove it and replace it with a perfectly cooked filet mignon. We were too full to enjoy dessert so they packed them for us to enjoy later. A very nice treat as we welcomed the New Year.

Date of visit: December 2017