“My favorite restaurant in Baltimore”
Review of Thai Yum

Thai Yum
Ranked #432 of 2,211 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Federal Hill
Reviewed 29 June 2016

My friends are split between Thai Yum and Thai Arroy (across the street) when discussing their favorite Thai restaurants in Baltimore. For me, it's a no brainer. Tommy and Penny are amazing. My fiancee and I eat here pretty regularly. Penny knows each of our orders and our preferences by heart, and she always cooks the meal exactly to our liking. I get the drunken noodles, and my fiancee loves the Panang Curry. We lived in Baltimore for six years, and when we moved to DC, we both said that any time we returned to B'more, we'd be sure to stop into Thai Yum for some good food. Tommy and Penny still remember us, and we miss this restaurant dearly.

Reviewed 4 November 2015

A friend and I found this place when in Baltimore for a conference. We both had curries which had fresh veggies and basil in them. Definitely recommend this restaurant to others and in a nice walkable neighborhood too.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

We went with a group of 6 after the Ravens game (and we sadly lost) but we were able to walk here from the stadium in about 15 minutes or so. We had an app of spring rolls which were very taste lay, and my favorite- steamed dumplings! I ordered mild green curry with tofu and I found it very good, perfectly spiced, and it comes with rice. The portion was somewhat small but that was fine for me bc I typically only eat half a dinner portion, but for some of the big guys with me, it might have been a bit small.... But they all left pretty full. We had Rome for some coconut cream brûlée which was awesome. So we had 6 meals, 2 apps, and 3 desserts and the total was $115 which was pretty decent. Also our server, Chrissy, was very nice and efficient! Overall, it was good and if I am in the neighborhood, I would go back again.

Reviewed 22 March 2015

great little spot. food was very good and well prepared. delivered right from the kitchen so it was fresh and hadn't been setting. prices were reasonable portions were somewhat small

Reviewed 14 January 2015

In Federal Hill, there are two options for Thai Food. There's Thai Arroy that everyone (including myself) seems to know and love, and then right across the street is Thai Yum. In the interest of trying everything that this city has to offer, my friend and I headed to Thai Yum.

After looking over the menu, we decided to start with an order of the Spring Rolls. Inside were shitake mushrooms bamboo shoots, fresh herbs, and spice on a plate Thai chili plum sauce. Unsurprisingly, these were greasy, but I really found myself wishing that the sauce was spicier. This sauce was kind of bland and didn't add anything to the dish.

My friend ordered the Thai Chicken Fried Rice. The dish was fried rice with egg, pineapple, cashews, red bell peppers, scallions,cilantro. It was a very generous portion, but the dish was a little bland. My friend ended up asking for some soy sauce to season it and that made the dish taste considerably better.

For my meal, I ordered Chicken Pad See-Ew. The dish was stir-fried rice noodles with garlic, onion, Thai soy sauce, egg, carrots, and broccoli. I ordered it with extra heat, unfortunately it wasn't spicy but it had more flavor than the chicken fried rice. The dish wasn't bad, but I found myself craving the flavors from Thai Arroy.

Would I eat at Thai Yum again? Probably, but only if there was a wait at Thai Arroy and I was desperate for a Thai fix without leaving Federal Hill.