“Hopping Place!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami Lakes, FL
“Hopping Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed here one night. It was a busy place with two galas, a volleyball tournament, etc. There area has some great restaurants near by as well as shops and botiques. There is a Whole Foods and CVS within a couple of blocks walk. You are close to Baltimore's Little Italy and a good stroll to the Inner Harbor area.

Although super busy the hotel itself wasn't noisy up on the floors. There were several school and volleyball groups there as well. A coffee shop in the lobby serves Starbucks and light snacks. I only had my morning coffee as we did not eat in the hotel.

The staff was VERY friendly and helpful with our needs. I even saw one front desk staff member keep his cool with a difficult guest. I was very impressed with the way he handled a difficult situation that wasn't his fault......just a cranky guest!

Our room was CLEAN and the beds were very comfortable.

We had a handicap accessible room. My issues about to be stated are NOT with the hotel itself but with handicap design over all. IF you don't need or use a handicap room then the following won't apply to you. I wish there had been more handicap bars in the shower area. This roll in shower had a small flexible lip that helped contain water but design in all hotels we stay in water still gets everywhere. Why aren't the shower curtains to the floor?That 2-3 inch gap only allows water to get everywhere. The floors in handicap bathrooms are always slick and not good for somebody with mobility issues. I wish there were a fold down seat for the vanity area like there is in the shower. My husband needs to sit when brushing his teeth, etc. We always have to drag in the office chair from the desk for him to sit on. Luckily the beds in this room were the perfect height. The trend lately is for high profile beds which are hard for disabled people to get into. The beds were clean and comfortable.

Again, we had a lovely stay at this hotel and would chose it again if in the Baltimore area!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Arabic first
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Great service great food awesome view just great people full of service

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights for a conference held at the hotel. Upon arrival I was able to check-in early with no trouble. I had a room on the 14th floor with a beautiful view of the harbor. All the staff were very friendly and helpful; for example I asked if the cafe/gift shop area sold Tylenol and one of the staff walked me over and pointed out the options to me. Also I asked to switch rooms after the third night (my first room was one of those optional adjoining rooms and the guys in the next room had no concept of "indoor voice") so the woman at the front desk moved me to a room on the 32nd floor with no fuss. Apparently the rooms on the 32nd floor are slightly nicer and are given to Marriott members with certain point statuses. Here are the differences: the room size and furniture was the same but the bathroom had extra toiletries (body wash, cotton swabs), a bath mat, a bamboo cutting, and a terry cloth bathrobe. There was also an ipod clock radio. Both rooms had Keurig coffee makers and minifridges. The rooms themselves were pleasant and quiet with good lighting and a very comfortable bed.

The location of the hotel is ideal for exploring Baltimore. It's right on the water and there are several attractions and restaurants located within an easy 5-15 minute walk. I enjoyed several walks around the harbor.

Wireless internet is available free in the lobby but is 12.95 a day, standard for this class of hotel. The hotel pool looked very nice and the fitness room was clean and had plenty of cardio equipment and a few weight machines and dumbbells.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I were in the Baltimore area.

Room Tip: I think the staff will give you a harbor view if available with no extra charge.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Shalimar, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

This hotel is the exception. After 1.5 weeks on the road for business travel what a treat it was to fins this hotel. Right near Mo's too.

• Stayed March 2012
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband and I decided on the spur of the moment to use some of his Marriott Points (Gold Level) to spend the night in Baltimore this past rainy weekend and try out a restaurant I have heard about. We got an early check in and arrived at 1:30pm on Saturday. From the moment we stepped up to the front desk we were welcomed by Bryan – who seemed to be waiting for us. He was upbeat and positive as he quickly checked us in. He made the usually tedious task fun, with a drawing (which gave my hubby’s account another 500 points) to the special gift we had a choice of because hubby is at Gold Level (cheese, crackers & ½ bottle of wine). My husband noticed Bryan’s Marine Pin and Bryan told us about his service to our Country and we are thankful there are people like Bryan. Our room was on the 24th floor, with a beautiful view of the marina (at night it was awe inspiring). We decided to brave the wind and rain and walk around Harbor East. We bought candy and had a pint at the Irish pub and we would have walked more but the weather was so raw. Back in the room, our bed was comfy and being so high up and facing the water we had no traffic or street noise to wake up. In the morning we left knowing that our experience was so positive that we will be using those points for future stays.

Room Tip: Valet parking is $40. We self-parked for $26 - and they have a covered walkway from the garage. (T...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple