“We felt like we were staying with family”

Rachael's Dowry Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 12 Baltimore B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We just had our second visit to Baltimore and stayed at Rachael's Dowry for the second time. This last trip was due to my husband having surgery at Johns Hopkins. Norman was wonderfully flexible, kind, and caring throughout our stay. A friend came to visit us there, and she felt exactly the same way. From the beauty of this restored home to the care and attention we received, we were grateful to be in such a welcoming environment. As the other reviews state, the location is wonderful and the breakfasts are delicious. Thank you, Norman!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kkt7

Reviewed 11 February 2012

This place was gem. Trish made us feel very welcome, gave a tour, carried our luggage, and had tea and cookies to enjoy. While located in a residential neighborhood, it was just across the street and down from the stadium. All of Inner Habor was within walking distance, but because it rained, we road around a little on the free city bus. The place was very quiet and the furnishing were lovely. They had spared no expense in the renovation. I plan to go back again soon since it is only an hour from Washington.

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw had a fireplace, but one even had a washer and dryer.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank louandlouise
Reviewed 23 January 2012

First of all, this bed and breakfast is in a fantastic location, within walking distance to almost every attraction and restaurant in the Inner Harbor. My friend and I were able to walk everywhere, which was a lot more handy than having to find parking everywhere we went.
Secondly, the house is probably the most beautiful building I have ever seen. It is completely restored and updated to the very last detail. It is a thousand times more beautiful than even the pictures suggest. Our room had a view of the courtyard, which houses one of the city's oldest trees. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and there was even a fireplace to keep us warm and cozy.The owners are also eco-friendly so you're doing good for the earth also!
Most importantly, though, the owner and staff were the nicest people ever. When you arrive at the parking lot, the owner comes out to meet you and walk you around to the building. She asks when you would like breakfast to be served, rather than dictating a time. She makes you feel completely at home, offering us hot tea and freshly-baked cookies. It was more like oing to see an aunt who will spoil you than signing papers with a proprietor. She also knows a lot about the area and was able to suggest places for shopping and eating and gave us directions.
Bottom line: if you are in Baltimore, Rachel's Dowry is the place to stay. We are going back in spring when it is warmer. :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank flower_child1989
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I attended a trade show at the Convention Center and decided to stay over, a first for me in my decade of coming to this show. As a single female traveler, I wanted cozy comfort and safety. I could not have asked for a better place. The B&B is a 2 minute walk from the Convention Center and there is private parking in the back. Norman was more patient with my myriad phone calls and requests than any mortal should be. He was flexible, friendly, and responsive. The room was elegant and extremely comfortable. There are tons of large hotels in the area, but I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere but in this historic home when I return. The price with parking and breakfast was lower than those huge and anonymous labyrinths. It exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank NaomiBrooks
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Excellent all the way around. I only wish my stay could have been for a longer time. What a great find. I'll be back this coming spring.

• Stayed: January 2012