“Stay & Cruise”

Admiral Fell Inn
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Stay & Cruise”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Great location for a stay & cruise out of Baltimore. Because I was sailing in the winter and Baltimore is a 3 1/2 hour drive from my home, I opted for an overnight stay in Fell's Point. I wanted a quality hotel that was centrally located with secure parking for my vehicle. The Admiral Fell Inn fit all my criteria. The rate included parking for 8 days, a $25.00 food voucher and valet service to and from port. Rooms were comfortable and except for a stopped-up bathroom sink, were actually quite charming. Check-in was efficient and friendly. Valet service to port was also quick and convenient. Now, for the bad points. There is no elevator, so taking baggage to your room might pose a problem. I did get a member of the bell staff to help with luggage upon check-in, however, there was none available at check-out. Also, I wasn't aware of the haunted ghost tour or the Admiral's Reception, which I know I would have enjoyed. It wasn't until I came back to the hotel late in the evening that a large sign was posted in the hotel lobby. Staff should mention this to guests upon check-in. Overall, I was pleased with my experience and will surely recommend the Admiral Fell Inn and stay again when in Baltimore.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room since there are many bars in close proximity to the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
HarborMagicHotels, Manager at Admiral Fell Inn, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Dear chriscrossin,

Thank you very much for choosing the Admiral Fell inn for your recent stay in Baltimore, we truly appreciate your business.

I am so glad you had the opportunity to take advantage of our amazing "Stay and Cruise" package, it is one of the best values in town. It allows you to start your cruise vacation a day early as you do not have to worry about anything other than your upcoming trip. We have an amazing team of people dedicated to ensure guest satisfaction and I appreciate your positive review regarding their performance, it means a lot to them when a guest takes the time to praise their work.

On the other hand I was very surprised to see your comment about our hotel not having an elevator, we not only do have one but we have two located in the main lobby, our property has 5 stories so it would be very difficult for us to run an operation with out it, also the banner with all the in hotel activities is permanently displayed next to the elevators to ensure all guests have the schedules for the Admiral's Reception and Ghost Tour available at all times, I apologize you did not see it and I will for sure discuss this with my team to ensure they are pointing out the amenities to our guests at check in.

We at Harbor Magic Hotels, are committed to creating a one of a kind experience for our guests and we truly appreciate your feedback. It is crucial for our success to hear from our guests.

Thank you again for your time and looking forward to having you back in the near future.

Hotel management and staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Maryland,US
Reviewed 3 March 2012

It's not the most modern of places and I've had better furnished rooms in less expensive places. But this is a historic hotel and the atmosphere is really cool and that's just inside the place. Walk out the door and within three blocks are dozens of places to eat, drink or just explore.

Inside you are going back in time about two hundred years, there are no straight level walkways. Since it's built with seven connecting buildings are are quirky steps and turns everywhere. Oh yeah, every room had a name and story of a historic Baltimorean figure. Cooler to my wife and I cause we are from Baltimore and we have seen these names on parks and roads.

There are two restaurants inside, we ate at the Tapas (unusual for us, cause we are more meat and potatoes people) and it was really good and surprisingly filling. May I suggest the Gazpacho. We didn't eat at the Meli.

The staff was just great and the Admiral's evening(?) was just neat with a fun way to get a snack, drink and meet some other guests.

Note: the room they gave us was on the quiet side street, next time we will ask for a room on the bar side so we can watch the night life.

Note: On Monday mornings (0600-0630) a TV station does a 'Manic Monday' show from the square in front of the hotel. It's fun to watch.

Room Tip: Decide if you want a room on the bar side or the quiet side street.
New Jersey
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We wish we could have stayed longer. The service was excellent and the staff was well informed and very courteous! The room was excellent, just the right size. It was a home away from home for the night. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and would recommend it to everyone. We definitely plan to return and hopefully, make it a longer stay.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I almost decided not to write this review. I didn't want to say anything negative about a hotel that has been lucky enough to hire such nice people. Yes, the service at this hotel is EXCELLENT.

And while I'm being positive, let me add that the Fells Point neighborhood where this historic building is located is well worth exploring. Good restaurants. Fun shops.

I wish I could be more positive about our room. I will say it was clean. It was quiet (I asked for a room in the back). And the bed I slept in (there were two double beds) was comfortable. Some people might say that the tiny bathroom was renovated. It had a new pedestal sink (no place to put anything), new white tile on the floor, but the bathtub was so old that the ceramic finish was worn down to the metal in places, and the stopper didn't work. The carpeting in the bedroom was also old. And brown. The furnishings were forgettable except for the canopy beds. The lighting was dim, and the heat was uncontrollable. We woke up in the middle of the night sweating.

A lot of this stuff comes with old houses. I've been told that the hotel is under new management. Maybe they are just starting to renovate the rooms. Our room may not have been representative. I doubt I'll go back, but if I do, I'll get that very nice desk clerk who answers the phones to describe the room I'll be staying in, in detail.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear panda4303,

I am Happy to read you had a great experience while staying with us and that our staff was able to make you feel welcome and at home. However I am also very sorry you felt that our accommodations were not up to your standards.

As a historic hotel part of our charm is our vintage feel, the antique furniture and the old school decor, but I do understand that this might not be everyone's cup of tea. We are in the process of shampooing all the carpets in the building as well as performing preventive maintenance in all our guest rooms which I am positive will enhance the look of our property.

We hope you will choose to visit us again in the future, us at Harbor Magic take our guest's feedback very seriously and appreciate the time you took to write this review and letting us know about your experience.

Thank you again for your visit and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Hotel management and staff.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We booked a 2-day special package through Groupon, which turned out to be great! The hotel staff were super-efficient, from the Valet Parking to the Front Desk Clerk who explained everything and provided us with lots of friendly advice on where to go, what to see, etc.
The Tapas restaurant attached to the Hotel was great for lunch, but there are literally dozens of great bars and restaurants nearby, along with some boutique shopping.
The room, while small, was comfortable and a neat touch is that every room has a name and a story behind it (some say it's even a haunted hotel!) We stayed in the "Fell" room , named after the good Admiral himself. This was a pleasure trip but we will stay there on business in the fall, based on our first visit. In fact, our room is already booked.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street may be a bit quieter.
1 Thank JoeB379