“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 62 Hotels in Baltimore
Dudley, Massachusetts
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

The Hilton Baltimore is right across the street from the entrance to Camden Yards and just a couple of blocks to the Inner Harbor waterfront. The Hotel is new and very smartly designed. It connects - a long walk - to the convention center making it a great hotel for any meetings held there is bad weather months.

The room was clean and comfortable - as I expect from Hilton properties. There was a large flat screen TV in the room and while I did not have a ballpark view I had a nice view of the city.

The reason I give this hotel 4 stars and not 5 is the executive lounge. While it has a great view of the ballpark, upon entering around 8pm the night of stay the lounge smelled like a locker room. It was warm and humid and did not have a pleasant smell. There was no one there to great us or anyone that asked if they could help us. It's not what I have come to expect of Hilton and it might have been a one-off night. Breakfast the next day was better and had the usual fare for the lounge.

I would stay here again with pleasure.

Room Tip: Try to get a ballpark view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob_829

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Korean first
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Hotel is great! Hotel staff is excellent! Breakfast at the Diamond Tavern was delicious and Camden yards is across the street! Our stay was just perfect in every way.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Teresa S
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Baltimore experience on tripadvisor.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore. Thank you for recognizing our team members and we are excited that you had a wonderful time in our fantastic restaurant.
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

This hotel is honestly very nice. And it has huge assets. 1) if you are going to a game, Camden Yards is right there. By right there - I mean steps away. I've never seen a hotel so close. When I called, they said 2/10 of a mile. I must have misheard. It's literally - right there. We left our room on the 5th floor and were at our seats in 6 minutes. 2) The light rail is right there - next to the hotel's 2nd building. We took the train to the airport - 31 minutes - $6.40 for 4 of us - $30 less than a cab and most importantly, fun fo the kids.

The lobby and rooms are very nice - but why the "poor" rating.

Well, check in is at 4P - which is late for a hotel. Well I got there at 4:50P, only to be told my room wasn't ready. I was told - they had King rooms but not the two doubles I reserved. Ummmm - check in is 4P. I paid for a room at 4P.

I was sent away - my phone # taken - and told I would be called when the room was ready.

At 5:32P, I got that call. So what did I do for 42 minutes? I wasn't offered a drink or meal or anything.

When I got down there - I expressed my unhappiness. Eventually, I was asked - can I buy you breakfast. Yes, I pushed knowing I'd get something - but it's wrong that my room wasn't ready. Honestly, they should have comped it - because Hilton (at least Hampton) guarantees 100% satisfaction - and they know I can't be satisfied without being in my room.

2nd note - they have a drawer with the hair dryer in it. In that drawer - a pair of women's underwear (think pink was the brand:) Seriously, house keeping doesn't check to see that the hair dryer is there - they'd have seen this. When I told the front desk 20 minutes before we were leaving and I said - just so you know for when you clean tonight - but don't send someone up now - what did they do. Send someone up. My sick wife had to answer the door.

So the hotel has some great points - location, location, location - and it's nice. But they are horribly run and don't listen very well. There's a Hampton next door, and Marriott and Holiday Inn across the street. I'd probably try one of them next time. There's clearly ineptitude here.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from others - the walls are thin and i heard everything the neighbors were doing...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
YulioB, Manager at Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for providing feedback on your stay at the Hilton Baltimore on TripAdvisor.

Please accept our most sincere apology for what appears to have been an unpleasant experience. We pride ourselves in providing a superior experience but do appreciate hearing when we fall short of this. We are very sorry you were not able to check in until 4:00 pm. We make every effort to have as many rooms available by 4:00 pm; unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances we were not able to accommodate our 4:00pm target upon your arrival.

We appreciate your comments about the room and will share this with our team. As you probably know we hosted many of the attendees for the baseball game and experienced an increased volume of guest arrivals before the game. As you mentioned our location is second to none; as the Hilton Baltimore is the closest full service hotel located next to Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Stadium (Home of the Ravens). The Hilton Baltimore has direct and the only enclosed hotel connection to the Baltimore Convention Center, a short distance to 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore’s Inner Harbor and many other attractions. In addition, we have both Charm City Circulator stop at the entrance of the hotel as well as the MARC Light Rail stop that brings and takes you to Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Baltimore.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

The choice of this Hilton was made for me when I registered for a conference at the facility. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a room on the 19th floor overlooking the field where the Baltimore Orioles play. If there had been a home game during my stay, this would have been a fantastic place to watch.

The Hilton is very nice. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly and helpful. I used the well equipped exercise room. There was a beautiful pool attached but no time to explore that option. The Hilton is about a half mile from the shopping/restaurant district. Baltimore offers free bus service (Charm City Circulator) to this and other places. We chose to walk to a nearby Starbucks or Panera Bread instead of indulging in the fairly expensive breakfast offered at the hotel.

If you have a meeting in the convention center, the hotel is connected by a sky walk so you don't have to go outside. All in all, this is an attractive option for staying in downtown Baltimore. And, if you are an Orioles fan, this is the best place to be because you are a hop, skip and jump away from the center of fandome.

Room Tip: If you are a member of Hilton Honors, there is a hospitality suite with coffee on 18th floor. Upper...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Baltimore experience on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate the amount of detail you provided in many areas where you experienced our super friendly staff in action. We are pleased of your positive comments in regards to our product and location, and we will share your feedback with our team.

Our location is second to none, as the Hilton Baltimore is the closest full service hotel located next to Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Stadium (Home of the Ravens). The Hilton Baltimore has direct and the only enclosed hotel connection to the Baltimore Convention Center, a short distance to 1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore’s Inner Harbor and many other attractions. In addition, we have both Charm City Circulator stop at the entrance of the hotel as well as the MARC Light Rail stop that brings and takes you to Thurgood Marshall/BWI Airport.

Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Attended a convention here. Nice full-service hotel that was struggling to keep up during a major convention. You know the drill....can't get into your room before 4 PM....store your bags....wait for them to be delivered later....crowds at every restaurant/bar, etc. But they had pleasant staff who were trying hard and that made it better. Nice views from the 19th floor and good location.

Room Tip: I had the 19th floor by the elevator and that was fine. The air conditioning, like a lot of hotels...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bigdogroad
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Hilton Baltimore experience on tripadvisor. We appreciate all your remarks regarding your visit. Having a great hotel facility is important, but even more important to us is your recognition of our pleasant staff who clearly is the soul of our hotel.