“Great Service!!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

I drove 2 hours to visit the famous Mo's Seafood. The location on Albemarle street is closed. There's not a sign stating this, but the locals know and redirected me to the other location that was only a 7 minute walk away and is off the main Street. If you go on the weekends, park at the Little Italy Parking garage. It's only $4. My server John was very welcoming and attentive. I had the combination plate of Oysters Rockefeller and the Casino Clams. They came out hot and fresh and it was very delicious. For my entree I had the crab cake. The crab cake cake out promptly after I finished my appetizer. It was also hot and fresh. The crab cake is delicious!! It was all lump crabmeat, no filling. For my side I chose the seafood pasta salad. The pasta wasn't quite done so I ended up just eating the meat. It had really great flavor though. I definitely recommend going there at lunch time.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

This is for the Mo's in Little Italy. To start, I made a reservation for 2 but we ended up standing around the entrance for 20+ minutes waiting for a table. It was dimly lit and didn't seem that cleanliness was their main concern. The carpet seemed like old basement or office carpet, and it wanted to be vacuumed. The tables were really cheap, they seemed like something I would use for temporary purposes. Ok - on to the food. We both ordered cream of crab - one of my favorites. It was super floury, no sherry or spice, some crab, and a decent consistency. It was edible, but not recommended. Oh, and my friend found a piece of plastic in hers. It looked like the tab you snap off when you open a container of crab. They took it off the bill and gave us a round of drinks, which was very nice. I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by my entree. I ordered the soft-shell crab platter. I got THREE decent sized crabs, which is awesome. It was very tasty. The thing is that they didn't clean them out - they just fried them. I scooped out the dead man's fingers (gills,etc.) myself. My friend got chicken imperial, which looked tasty - and there was a TON of it. She said it was pretty good. If you are visiting Baltimore, stop a local and ask them for some recommendations. Know that everything at the Harbor, and most of Harbor East is not good - they are chains, or just geared towards tourists. I overheard some people saying that their hotel recommended Mo's, maybe that was based on distance?? Also even though we were only two people, 18% gratuity was added to our check. I usually only see that with a table of 6+ people. I guess customers bail without leaving tip regularly so they had to do that. Our waitress was pleasant - definitely a local (love dat accent, hon). All in all, this place really needs to get it together. If you offer things for $30, $50, and $100 on your menu, the food, service, and atmosphere should match the price.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

We saw the ad for Mo's on the back cover of the Visit Baltimore guidebook saying "best crab cakes in Baltimore" and "best bang for your buck." It was within walking distance of our hotel and it was our first night in Baltimore so we gave it a try. The "best crab cakes" assertion might be true but "best bang for your buck" might not be.
The restaurant itself lacks any real charm or ambiance. Also, our server spoke somewhat limited English so ordering and interacting with her throughout our meal was a bit of a challenge.
Our calamari appetizer was good and could be shared by two or three people. If you are able to "plate share," which we didn't think to ask about doing, try the crab cake dinner and split it between two people. That will make the $37.00 price tag much more reasonable.
They have a very limited selection of wines by the glass if that's important to you.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Took two Italian visitors to a seafood restaurant in Little Italy..........challenging for the establishment for sure! Our waiter made the difference! Extremely helpful, very efficient, and simply a charming man made for a memorable experience for my wife and I, and our Italian visitors. I'm not a real seafood fan, other than being an Alaskan, who has been spoiled on fresh halibut and salmon; so I had a very nice NY steak. The others all had various seafood entrees and thought they were excellent.
When ready for dessert, and a very delicious looking cheesecake or German chocolate cake simply begging to be sampled, our waiter actually suggested going about a block away to a fantastic Italian dessert shop that offered espresso, etc; since they didn't at Mo's. He even said he guaranteed we'd love it, and he'd pick up the bill if we weren't satisfied!
The Italian dessert shop (Vaccaro's) was up to the billing. We had a fabulous dinner and dessert, and even a free shuttle back to our hotel.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Came here on a recommendation from a local hotel. Mo's offered a free shuttle so we tried it. The fried clam strips were good. I ordered a seafood trio that had fried shrimp (good), scallops (just ok), and a crab cake (I make better). There is not enough seasoning in anything. The sea scallops were cut up and like boiled in a butter sauce that becomes like jello when it cools. The crab cake had no flavor at all. The service was good. If you can't walk stairs, you have to sit in the downstairs bar/restaurant area that has cheap chairs but white tablecloths. Would not go back.