“Interesting place but......”

Cuisines: American, Pub, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2018

We came for dinner and the menu is eclectic....a little bit of everything for everyone.
A burger, vegan pad thai, tofu curry, chicken waffle, and baltimore steak n cheese was ordered.
I had a chance to taste several of the dishes and I shared some of my steak n cheese.
Overall, the food wasn't bad but lacked a bit of punch. The pad thai seemed like it needed something more, the tofu curry would've tasted better if the tofu was fried, the steak n cheese was kind of dry.
I guess if you walk into this neighborhood, this is something that one might expect but from looking at the place along with the menu before even coming in, I guess I expected more

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I recommend the Chicken and Dumplings, but the menu has vegetarian and vegan options. Prices are reasonable. Service is fast. Most importantly, the restaurant is clean!

Near Miracle on 32nd Street, if you’re looking for a warm friendly place afterwards.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Great food and service; I highly recommend this restaurant and absolutely will return. Went with 7 people and every one of us liked our meal. I was skeptical because the menu was so diverse -- could the kitchen make a good bulgogi *and* a good mac & cheese or salad? Answer: yes, unequivocally.
I had the macro bowl with beef bulgogi which was fantastic.

Each plate was presented well.

The waitress was great -- we were a loud challenging group and she was on top of everything we needed and was accurate in our drinks and food orders. She gave great advice.
There is broad drinks menu. I had the ginger beer, which is hard to find usually.
Strongly recommend this restaurant. Some people have commented negatively on the decor -- I'm not sure if those are old comments and the place is updated, but I liked the feeling of the place. Lots of natural wood, fun black & white pictures.

We were very comfortable here.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

After a day hanging in the more touristy environs of Inner Harbour and Fells Point, we wanted dinner with a more neighborhood-y vibe. I had read about the funky Hampden neighborhood and this diner in particular--had a good dinner: fried pickles, grilled cheese and tomato soup (awesome), falafel (also great) -- laid back service, fun decor (though kind of gritty). Oh, and full of Brooklyn-esque hipsters. Just wish we had had more time to explore the neighborhood, which is fantastic.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

The 'Rocket' is a great neighborhood bar and grill.

The menu is only one page but the selections change regularly and the portions are filling while the prices are reasonable.

There is a selection of craft beers on tap at fair prices too!

Staff is friendly and playful.