“Favorite restaurant of all.”

Drina Daisy Bosnian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 110 Restaurants in Astoria
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 29 February 2016 via mobile

The food here is incredible. All made from scratch. The lamb is awesome. Reading a couple of negative reviews. One from a guy dining alone on Valentine's Day and too much lamb, dining behind a large plant. Somehow that's the restaurant and owners fault. The review speaks volumes.
The next review from folks from Spain. That's where we experienced beyond rude service. Smart mouth insulting waiters that we left in disgust. The service in Portugal, France, Italy ran circles around the bad manners of waiters in Barcelona and other restaurants in Spain.
The last negative review didn't like his food. That is difficult to believe. Fordinka makes master pieces in her kitchen. Always freshly prepared. The food here is as good if not better than any we have eaten traveling all over Europe. Unfortunately, these folks are probably comparing this food to the Indian casino buffet food in Rochester, Washington. There is nothing there to compare with authentic Bosnian food of Drina Daisy.
Highlight of any visitor to Astoria, we have found, is experiencing the food and atmosphere at Drina Daisy. Be sure and sample the Bosnian wine and the Turkish coffee. That completes the experience.
Drina Daisy is my favorite restaurant, and Fordinka has won many awards for her delicious servings.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

I had an amazing time! A friend and I went to have a night out, and could not have picked a better place. We were seated immediately, and given fast service. The waiter -who was serving- always knew whenever we needed or wanted anything. We are planning on going back soon! Definitely a place to try, if nothing else.

1  Thank Clare H
Reviewed 22 February 2016

This was our first experience of Bosnian food, and had no idea what to expect beyond what we read here. It was delicious! We tried the roast pepper spread, cabbage rolls with beef, and the beef stew. The cabbage roll filling was beautifully spiced rice in a perfectly cooked wrapper of cabbage. There was also chunks of beef separately, with sides of pickled vegetables and fresh fruit. The beef stew was also perfectly spiced, with large tender chunks of beef and the same pickled veggies and fruit. The meal was extremely well balanced with the savory, rich dishes being accented by the sour and sweet sides.

It was the kind of meal that we both felt really good after, very satisfied and wanting to try more.

The service was prompt and courteous, and our server answered out questions fully. We were there for lunch, and I look forward to going back for dinner and trying some of the wine, which is from various regions and in some amazing glass sculpture bottles.

1  Thank justabitfarther
Reviewed 18 February 2016

This is an amazing restaurant. I had the vegetarian dish on the menu and some baklava. I believe the restaurant is owned by a husband and wife, and so you can really taste and feel the love in their dishes. This restaurant is one of my favorites in Astoria.

This is not a restaurant to try if you expect your food quickly. And, potentially, dont expect to even have your order taken quickly. The restaurant is literally a mom and pop operation. The wife cooks, and the husband waits. He does the best he can, but there's only so much that one person can do (especially if it's busy). The food is also something you can tell must take a while to cook because of its quality. I 100% believe that the food is worth the wait...and worth going back for.

I LOVE this place.

1  Thank Tiffiny W
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

I've eaten here before and had positive experiences. Rather than the humdrum seafood expected in a coastal town, this cuisine is not only unique but very savory. I ate here alone on Valentine's night and was seated behind an enormous plant. The lone waiter gave me the barest of attention, and seemed overwhelmed with a growing number of diners in pairs or groups, to pay much more than absolutely necessary. The food and Bosnian wine met expectations, but the presentation did not. The roasted lamb, the restaurant's ultimate dish, was heaped unceremoniously on my plate. It was far too much for me, so split this plate with another person, and order an extra salad. I probably won't be back.