“Yummy & fresh”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Ate lunch here on the busy Labor Day weekend (Saturday). Customers order at the cash register and then seat themselves. My husband grabbed a table while I waited in like. Great selection of creative food combinations well-described on the menu, so there are no surprises. Lots of salads, sandwiches, quesadillas. Everything tastes fresh, there's lots of color and portions are generous. Slow service and staff is not very attentive, but we were not in a hurry. Eclectic decor. Single restroom with a single toilet. Usually a line there, too. Elderly people, couples, middle-aged friends, families with young kids - everyone seemed to be having a leisurely good time. We loved our salad and quesadilla and the general vibe.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I ordered the crab melt and salad. The sandwich had a little crab mixed into some creamy stuff and it had no taste, the salad looked nice but the dressing was tasteless as well. My husband ordered the shrimp salad and a bowl of chowder. He got a tiny salad smaller than the salad that came with my sandwich and he got a bowl of cream for soup, not one clam or potato in it. Not what you should expect for $30.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank MyrtleTheTurtle2
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Great food I had fresh tuna sandwich with sliced pears in it then grilled. Super good. I have been here before and can't wait to go again and try something else. My husband had grilled chicken quesadilla it was unbelievable good to we shared and we're very full large sandwiches.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Pam M
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I stopped in Astoria on my way home, and was looking for something fresh and healthy. I found Urban Cafe, and tried one of their salads. Incredible little place. Glad we stopped in.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Really enjoy the specials here and we both really love the huge salads. Try the Super Club Boom Boom salad. Sometimes they have someone playing and singing here which is also a treat.

Date of visit: July 2018