“Average food”

Baked Alaska
Ranked #17 of 110 Restaurants in Astoria
Price range: USD 7 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Baked Alaska Restaurant, Lounge and Pizzeria is a dining destination while visiting Astoria, OR. Our Main Dining Room features sweeping views of the Columbia River, our Lounge offers 10 taps with specialty craft beers, plus an extensive wine list featuring Oregon and Washington wines. We also hand crafted cocktails using Oregon distilled spirits. If you are looking for a fun family atmosphere, look no further than the Baked Pizzeria featuring Artisan style pizza right from our 800 degree brick oven. We also have a private waterfront dining room which can seat up to 30 guests, or have your special event catered off site with our custom catering services. Baked Alaska, the only thing we overlook is the Columbia River!
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Situated on the river, the view is lovely. The service is great but the food average. It is a very large establishment so you can just go to the bar or to the restaurant

Reviewed 4 November 2018

The restaurant has three parts: pizza in the front, pub in the middle and fine dining with a view in the back. DW's Deviled Eggs with Dungeness Crab were disappointing. Not enough mustard in the yolk mix, not enough of the shredded crabmeat on top, but the pesto added great flavor. DH had the seafood stew, which was served in a cast iron pot. It used a fish stock but the flavor of the vegetables did not reach the broth. I would have pureed the tomatoes to give more flavor. Some of the tables have a nice view of the river but I'd suggest you make a reservation if you want one.. Romantic oldies were being played as background music but we could converse easily without raising our voices. Our server was knowledgeable and helpful, but we considered our meal at Baked Alaska better value than that of our similar meals at Silver Salmon last night.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2018

My husband and I visited for lunch but it turned out to be our dinner because it was so delicious and we left stuffed!! Our server DeeAnn (hope I spelled it correctly) was so friendly and really put the finishing touch on my birthday--thank you so much! My husband had the fish and chips and I had the prawns spaghettini with pistachios and dried cranberries and both dishes were fantastic! I'd like to make that at home now! The restaurant (main dining room) overlooks the Columbia River and the huge windows make the restaurant so airy and light. We will definitely return to this restaurant!! Thanks for a great time and delicious meal!!

Reviewed 19 October 2018

This place is the best place in town in my opinion. I love the food, the service and the view. I have brought many friends to eat at Baked Alaska. I go back time and again for the happy hour that takes place in the bar only but the items on that small but ample menu are excellent. The main restaurant is just hands down excellent.

Reviewed 18 October 2018

We had lunch here with 30 people. They have a separate room that we ate in, so it was great not to have to worry about being noisy. The food was great and the waitstaff took great care of us. I recommend this place.