“Historical building”
Review of Hotel Elliott

Hotel Elliott
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We stayed one night at this hotel while on our way to visit family. The rooms have been nicely remodeled. We had no problems with noise. The breakfast was good. Since we were there in the winter, we were able to park on the street right in front of the hotel. There are a number of good restaurants within 3 or 4 blocks. We paid $99 for our room which was a very good value. Astoria has lots to see and do.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoAnneV

Reviewed 8 November 2011

The Elliott was simple,nice staff. We had a room on the front street of the hotel but not noisy. The bathroom was very nice and good water pressure after a long hot drive. The roof top was lovely. The Wine bar in the basement was dark but the bartender was friendly. Breakfast was nothing special nor interesting.

Room Tip: It is a good place if you have a pet. Don't miss the roof top views.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lady58_11
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Hotel Elliott is in the heart of Astoria, a great little town with lots to see. Parking was no problem; there was a municipal lot in the next block. Our second floor room (in the back) had a very limited view, but I wasn't expecting much. Our room was quiet (as compared to some of the other reviewers'), but it was also the weekend, so maybe we caught a break. There was some sort of construction/demolition across the street.

Nice amenities, including Aveda shampoo (my favorite thing to steal from hotels); the heated floors were cute, but I didn't spend enough time barefoot to care. (I was actually worried that my feet might get sauteed, but they were only lightly seared.) Our queen bed was a little too soft (which is a matter of taste, and not a strike against the hotel); and we're used to a king (which again is not the hotel's fault).

I loved the quaint styling. The hotel shows its age graciously - none of that sterile plastic and marble from business hotels here!

Our room was not made up at all the day after we arrived (we had it for two days); I'm not sure if that was an oversight or hotel policy. Fortunately, nothing very messy had happened, so the room was quite habitable, even without maid service.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank duke_of_omnium
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I'm a business traveller and I stay in hotels on a weekly basis. I ususally don't write reviews on hotels but I feel that I need to write about Hotel Elliott. It's is a fabulous hotel in the heart of Astoria and I could not have asked for a better hotel and location. The beds were amazing and the entire room was very comfortable. The staff was very pleasant and they gave me great advice on what to do and where to eat in Astoria. This is one of my favorite hotels I've stayed in and I stay in over 100 hotels in a year. Great job Hotel Elliott.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Such a lovely welcoming hotel in downtown Astoria. The staff is so welcoming and the rooms, while older, are nicely appointed. The bathrooms even have heated floors. We were able to open our windows and enjoy the lovely breeze.
The rooftop deck is not to be missed. You can see the bridge, the river and the town. Even if just up for the view, or better yet, take a bottle of wine and relax.
The breakfast, served in the lower level, is a bit funky. However, the food was very nice and the server so hospitable. Just a dark space which really can not be changed.
This is the second time we have stayed at the Hotel Elliot and if we are ever back in Astoria, we will stay there again. Why mess with magic!!!!!

Room Tip: I would chose the rooms with a river view if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family