Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
No eagles

Was expecting a little more than an observation platform. Nice view of the river, but the ducks... read more

Reviewed 10 November 2018
Richard R
Gainesville, Florida
Site Holds Potential

Reviewed 24 October 2017
Jane S
Olympia, Washington

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 October 2017

One does not expect to view eagles in the marsh so this is a unique setting. I would recommend improving the signage off the highway, expand the parking and install a viewing telescope. However, kudos to those who have installed this viewing area.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 11 October 2017

When you are not looking for them, they show up. If you plan to see them be ready for disappointment.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 16 September 2017

When traveling from Portland to Astoria, this stop gives a wonderful opportunity to view the local mudflats, tidal marshes, open water and islands. While there may occasionally be eagles and other birds, we did not see any. It is on a loop from Highway 30. Since it is easy off, easy on the highway, it is worth a stop to see the bay and the local area. There are several interpretive panels about the wetlands, bald eagles and the Lewis and Clark journey.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We've driven by this a few times. My mom was visiting us on vacation so we thought it would be a nice outing. We live less than 45 minutes away and I'm glad. The thought of seeing some eagles had all of us excited. When we got there it was a real a major let down. It consisted if a small broken walking bridge in the side of the road. It overlooks some wetlands which probably do get an eagle now and then. We looked up every tree we could in the area to see if we could spot a nest. The nest spotting was a flop too. If I could have given it a minus I would have. Don't waste your time or your excitement. Total bummer!

Date of experience: August 2017