“Baby back ribs”
Review of Mission BBQ

Mission BBQ
Ranked #112 of 2,186 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed 2 May 2017

I am a loyal fan of Southern Soul BBQ in St Simons, Ga - but Mission BBQ has found another HAPPY customer - first time visit with four of my riding buddies - First, the theme and atmosphere is AWESOME !!!!!!!!! We had just come from a military funeral at Jacksonville National Cemetery and it was noon - we each had ordered and was seated with our drinks when over the speaker system came the announcement that they were about to play the National Anthem - everyone stood and rendered honors - how awesome is that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had the baby back ribs (5 bone ) plate with cole slaw - big problem !!!! I got 6 ribs and they were fall off the bone - juicy and great flavor !!! They have a good variety of sauces - but the ribs didn't need any sauce for my taste.. the slaw was very good. Generous portions. Meat cooked perfectly, smoked with great flavor. Just what I want in good BBQ.
A couple of my friends had brisket and they really enjoyed there meals !!!!
The staff was very friendly and the service was excellent !!!
Then, because we were Vets - they gave us each a peach cobbler desert for FREE !!!!
I have found a really good BBQ close to home - I will defiantly be back !!!!!!!!

1  Thank Wayne C

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the food and cool experience. A few of the staff recognized it was our first time and they took opportunity to explain the process. Thank you.
Portions are large and the variety of sauces was great!
We had the brisket sandwich(s) - they let us taste before ordering! Ummmm.
A little pricy but well worth it!
We will be back!

1  Thank Ed M
Erica Z, Guest Relations Manager at Mission BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Ed, Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! We are so happy to hear that your first experience with us was truly a memorable one. We are even happier to hear that everything was much enjoyed! We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent. Generous portions. Meat cooked perfectly, smoked with great flavor. Brisket excellent. No fat. Pulled pork huge portion, great flavor. Cole slaw not sweet, as it shouldn't be. Proud to be an American, policeman, fireman or military person? Come here. They celebrate all of you.

1  Thank Laine M
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Ive been to their other locations in FL and the food here was the same. Good BBQ for a good price. Service was nice and while there was a small line when i arrived they handled the crowd rather quickly and i had my food in no time at all.

1  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed 14 February 2017

My mother wanted to go there for her birthday since she heard so much about it. Menu was clean and simple BBQ. I found the meal to be excellent as well did everyone in my party, but my mother was not happy with the price vs quantity of food that was provided.