See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2018

First, false advertising: This is actually FAR NORTH Jacksonville, not “South”
Second, false, dangerous advertising: This is supposed to be an ADA-accessible room but shower does not have any seat or bench...does have sloped slippery peeling paint floor. I am an amputee. Am I supposed to pirouette on one leg? Also, parking is distant from room...not proximally adjacent as specifically pre-requested...and the norm elsewhere.
Third, inhospitable. Arrived well after midnight. Requested a mere 45 minute later checkout ( 1145). Told to suck pond water “ we doan do dat. Nebbah.” EVERY other Motel 6 has courteously offered that for post-midnight arrivals...hundreds of times over 40+ years, even the previous JAX airport Motel6 owners !

Room Tip: Avoid if handicapped
Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Swampy, Thank you for sharing your review. We do offer accessible rooms to our guests and request them to communicate their needs should they not be met by the available accessible room type that they are looking for. We apologize for the difficulties you experienced. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I can not stress enough how bad this place is. From the moment you drive up you realize what a mistake this is. To start with, the obvious drug addicts that stay there and are hanging out in front of their rooms and on the stairs. The dirt and trash in the stairs and outside the rooms was a huge warning. I opened up the door to my room to find a bed that was sunken in the middle, the smell was unbearable. My buddy and I didn’t feel safe and immediately left and found a new hotel. I so regret booking this. I figured I just needed a place to sleep close to the airport, I will never make this mistake again. You get what you pay for I guess.
DO NOT EVEN THINK OF STAYING HERE

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Justin, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

do not got stay at this hotel they are very rude nasty to they own guest. the whole staff lie and said i trash my room i would never do something like that.and they the housekeeper really give less than damn about how they clean your room 812 dunn ave are the wrost in florida

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank god will bless ... l

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I cannot believe that Motel 6 allows this place to remain open. We had 2 light bulbs working in our room. Maybe to mask the filth that was present. Room smelled bad and has not been properly cleaned in years. Beds and pillows are old and awful. People hanging out on stairs and yelling outside early in morning. Front Desk worker was NO HELP when I called about the lights. I asked to be moved after the 2nd night of this issue, but she Refused! She was still on duty the next morning so there was no one to report the issue to but her. Roaches in room too. Do not stay here!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Amy, Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to carrying a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

This was horrid the pot and drug smell was horrid all night long. The phone didn't work so I couldn't call the office about it without using my own mins on my phone! The tv didn't work when i first got there they did come figure that out. The tub was black on the bottom so I didn't care go there around the floors by the tub and the toilet it looked like it hadn't been cleaned for years I could not get a refund processed right away since I booked through fido.com so I had no choice but to stay on a limited budget I am on. I called the office the next morning to let them know I had been up all night long and give my complaints and all they offered me was standard a late check out of 1 pm. Which is something anyone can get if they ask! I hope I don't have cooties from staying there ...

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Melyane, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality, and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.