“Would not stay again.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Jacksonville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Motel 6 Jacksonville
Ranked #113 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Huntsville, Alabama
“Would not stay again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Our family was riding with my husband on a trip to make a work delivery. This was one of the only places we could find in Jacksonville that had truck parking available.

The room smelled like a wet dog. Inside the shower, the curtain was moldy. We had to go back up front for towels and toilet paper. The tv screen was messed up and everything was green. Got into bed and felt something crawling.. .turned the light on, to find it was a lizard.

I expected traffic and some noise since we were located near the airport, but that wasn't what kept me awake- it was the constant partying going on in the parking lot, with loud motorcycles coming and going all night.

Overall, not impressed. The only good thing was the breakfast- they had waffle makers.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Vincent, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

In heading for Miami Beach for the holidays and charting our course south on I-95, Jacksonville, Florida, seemed the logical stop for our second night on the road from Ohio. Four hotels caught my eye on the south side of town. We'd never stayed at a La Quinta before and the other brands were better known to me, but maybe as an adventure or maybe because the rates seemed somewhat lower (I forget), I chose this hotel over the others, which were all within shouting disance on the same cul-de-sac.

The site was beautiful, very park-like with several restaurants within walking distance. The hotel was spacious, attractive, and inviting, though the lobby was overheated at times (the weather was exceptionally cold for Florida in December). The staff was accommodating; the room very nice, clean, quiet, and restful following six hours on icy roads out of Charlotte, N.C that morning. Though not quite what one would consider new, the place showed few signs of wear and tear. We asked for and received a ground floor room to accomodate my wife's not liking to stand and walk very far (bad back). A very Floridian pool and spa were just outside our window and were quite comforting as a respite from the snow in Ohio. I did a few laps then soaked in the spa a few more laps (at 65, swimming is not the attraction it used to be).

We didn't partake of the free breakfast in the large, attractive lobby (with a fountain, no less). The menu looked rather meager, and with Cracker Barrel right next door... With free breakfasts, you usually get what you pay for. (I'm not very continental.) Check-in and check-out were quick and easy, and if I recall correctly, the AARP rates were the lowest we paid during the entire trip. So, of course, we made reservations for a second night on our way home (my sense of adventure having lapsed). I was very impressed by the cost to value ratio and we shall definitely stay at La Quinta in the future, this one in particular, the next time we pass through Jacksonville.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

The room that I just stayed in had no new carpets, etc. For a non-smoking room, the bathroom obviously had smoking in it. Some weird combination of smells permeated throughout the room, but not because of the air conditioner. Some of the weird smell was some kind of cleanser. The air conditioner was the only way to cover up the smells. Other reviews are accurate. Based on the previous reviews, room quality may be quite inconsistent. Bedding seemed nice and clean. Staff and location are good. Bargain night prices. I don't think that I'd stay here again. The smell got to me. Airport shuttle is not available before 9am.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

New carpet was installed the day of arrival, along with new bedding. The room was spotless. Ask for a quiet room, as those on the freeway side could be noisy. Our room was very quiet. Great value. It's not on "airport row" which gave us more options for eating. Sonny's BBQ across the street, as well as a new Chinese buffet, and several fast-food places in the next block. We stayed here at the beginning and end of our vacation, 5 nights total. Breakfast is good for this price. No frig or microwave in the room, though.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank midgeo
Shatwon V, General Manager at Motel 6 Jacksonville, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for the pleasant review. We do have rooms available with refrigerators and microwaves at your request.
texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

I was picked up from airport driver very friendly,hotel front desk staff very friendly, my room was downstairs by pool, the room itself had odd smell coming from a/c unit when I
turned it on later in night, I was too tired to complain, I sprayed room with febreeze, when I told manager next morning she apologized and I recieved a discount to use on next visit, breakfast was contintenal style, I was taken to the cruise terminal by a friendly driver. My 2nd stay was after my cruise, 1st rm had a very strong order, febreeze did not work, I was moved to another room, no complaints with ordor. This is a
older hotel, it has problems, the manager and staff are 5 star's,. I was told by asst. district manager the hotel was undergoing some remodelling, I did see a new flat screen TV being installed in the lobby. I would stay at this hotel again, I liked the area, within a 5 block radius, walgreens, a 24hr cvs pharmancy, several fast food places,a grocery store, 2 banks, wachovia & bank of america, starbucks,tmobile,spprint,
radio shack,ABC spirits (nice selection of cheeses and wines etc) KFC,Popeyes,and several other eateries. 2 nail salons and a couple of beauty shops.
A police substation is located in the shopping center, I felt safe during my stay. I would recommend this hotel to a friend based on the improvements being made and due to the freindly staff.
Silver