New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #102 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Concord, North Carolina
“Not good...Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

The hotel is an old Holiday Inn that has been converted into a Quality Inn. The rooms are nothing special but seem to be clean and quiet. The restaurant provided good and reasonably priced food. The employees in the restaurant were very friendly and nice to talk to. The hotel is situated right along side of I-295 in an industrial area. There is a Hardees right next door and a waffle house right across the street. There is an Applebees approximately 3-4 miles from the hotel as well as a few other dining establishments. I would suggest to people that if they stay at this hotel that an interior room be requested otherwise you may end up with a room around the outside of the motel that opens directly to the outside. This outside room does not provide much security beyond the lock on your door whereas if you are in an interior room at least you exit your room into the 'inside' of the hotel.
Overall this hotel is very-tired and in need of a big remodel job but for the money it is not too bad.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank J P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Manasquan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

Having to deal with the tractor-trailer being repaired, this was the closest hotel to stay at for the weekend. And what a [pleasure it was! The staff from the front desk to the dining room to the maid service was nothing but friendly and courteous. It is a pet-friendly hotel with a one-time fee upon arrival of $25 but it was worth it. My kitty even received a free catnip mouse toy from the front desk! The rooms were neat and clean. Plenty of channels on the TV. Meals were all buffet style ranging from the complimentary breakfast to a reasonably priced lunch and dinner buffet. While we didn't use certain areas of the hotel, there is a beautifully decorated indoor pool and meeting area. A conference room for copies and faxing. This was just an amazing place to stay! I would recomment it to anyone in the area!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2010

First I want to say that for the $49 discount these rooms were great except for the univited crawlers. We did see cockroaches on the wall and I alerted the desk. They sent two different people up within 3 min of my call to spray the room. I live in Florida and know it is very hard to keep the insects out. Everything else was 5 star treatment from the front desk girl to the server in the Lounge "Florencia" who all treated us with great smiles and friendly atmospheres. The maids did a good job during our 2 day stay and I have stayed there in the mid 2000 and will stay there again but will carry my own roach spray with me. Clean up the bugs and it would be great. The pool needs to be heated in the winter also. Beautiful decor for the Christmas season. I wanted to take the decorator home with me.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2010

This was an awful experience for me, the night we checked in I asked were the rooms dust free and clean with no pets; however there was black dust that accumulated in the bathroom, the door had mold on it and was rusted with pieces coming off of it. It was very musty. Needless to say, the room really needed to be cleaned.

The next day I went to to the front desk and told them about the room, the clerk told me she could move me. I told her that it has to be a room that pets have not been in and that is not dusty. She said the room was clean . We moved our stuff downstairs which was a better room but more like a motel. Although the downstairs room was in better condition, I found trash behind the bed when I moved it to plug in my phone. I went to sleep and something just kept biting me all over I turned on the light but could not see anything when I tried to go back to sleep and it got worse. I got up and had bites all over me. I went to the front desk and asked to speak with someone that was in charge and was advised the managers do not work weekends. I told the lady someone needs to see the room . They called for the Housekeeping Supervisor and she came and we went into the bathroom and she looked at meas I pulled off my clothes and she said,"Mam I am so sorry for this". She called for another person to meet her at the room. We left the room and when I came back I was informed that the room previously had pets in it despite what I was previously told, but the person that allowed the pets forgot to tell them that the room needed to be sprayed. I was then told the room had fleas in it. They did not remove our things from the infested room, they left them. I believe it was not fleas in the room, but bed bugs. Could not rest after this.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

I was in town on business, the staff was great, very helpful with directions, and reheating my dinner! Room was not up to par for standards, a lot of high dust on vanity light and coffee stains on the bathroom door. BUT...as a General Manager of a hotel, I would of noticed these things, so I left a note for the GM and I bet there clean now.
Yes, I would recommend. Perfect for a stop-over to a couple nights stay, restaurant, bar, indoor pool and jacuzzi, good location. My room was very quiet.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business