“No Frills”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #572 of 2,171 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was staying at the ALoft nearby, and I was in the mood for a familiar meal and chose this Outback. The brown bread loaf with butter was still complimentary and tasty. I ordered a side house salad with oil and vinegar ( bottles brought to the table). Nice diner-like touch. It was fresh and came in a generous portion for a side. The BBC sauce on my grilled chicken on the barbie made the chicken nicely spicy and savory. There were many familiar choices on the menu. My server was friendly and polite, and my full meal was under $20.00!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We ate at the Outback restaurant in River City in Jacksonville, Fl. on Wednesday, March 14, 2018. We were a party of four adults and one child. We had the worst dining experience at this establishment. We had to wait over twenty minutes to be seated and an additional fifteen minutes for a server. I had to stop a server and ask who was supposed to be helping our table. He forgot to bring us our bread and he took a long time bringing our drinks. He didn't put in our appetizers order and he ended up bringing them after our meal. I asked what was going on with my daughter's child meal and he said sorry he had forgotten to grab it. His service was terrible and disorganized. My adult daughters had their food order incorrect. They asked for medium well steaks but were given medium rare instead. One daughter asked for a side of broccoli which he forgot to add and didn't bring it until she was finished eating. We had a to go order that came with a drink and he never brought it to the table. He refilled my sweet tea with unsweetened tea and after repeated requests for another glass I just gave up. This entire meal was a disaster and I will never dine at that or any other Outback again.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Every time I go to this location something happens! This time took over an hour to get food! Then hair in food then burnt shrimp! Don’t go here! Trust me!!

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Visited the restaurant for the first time today being on vacation from the U.K. with friends.
I had the Porterhouse Pork with seasonal vegetables and it was a superb meal.
Nice al dente vegetables and lovely cook pork.
Service was also very good.
Well done to all,I’ll certainly be back.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Went to Outback on Monday after Kevin Harvick won at Texas for the FREE bloomin' onion. The meal and service was excellent as well as the bloomin' onion. Had the all you can eat shrimp with my meal, was very good and they kept the shrimp coming. I highly recommend this great place!