All reviewsfront deskbay meadowsseveral restaurants within walking distanceroom was cleanconvenient locationcomplimentary breakfastwafflesrestaurants and shoppingthe breakfast areamayo cliniceasy accessstaff was friendlydefinitely stay here againgreat place to stayoff the highwaynice hotelwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 8 September 2008

Traveling with a group, my interaction with Jennifer H in Sales with the hotel was absolutely first rate, professional and as accomodating as any hotel with which I have dealt.

The hotel itself is spotless, rooms comfortable and breakfast ample. The breakfast area in this property is larger than the normal Hampton.

The property is situated with a 1 minute walk to numersou restaurants and at the intersection of 9A and Baymeadows with allows easy access to I-95 as well as nearby shopping.

Wonderful experience and we will return.

• Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank Conchobar
Reviewed 7 September 2008

We had a seminar at this hotel and was only there overnight, but I would have stayed much longer. The hotel is very well kept and clean. The decor is modern and very appealing to the eye. At the last minute, our group needed an extra room and they booked us immediately and at a great weekend rate. We checked in at 1am and the staff on duty was very pleasant regardless of the time and last minute rom need. The rooms were very clean and well kept. The bathroom area was nice and had a good size vanity area. The pillows and beds were extremely comfortable and the large flat-screen TV is a plus. They have a nice size desk and wired/wireless internet available.

The hospitatily is what really made this stay great. They allowed us to check out of our room after our conference at 4pm for NO EXTRA CHARGE. When we were about to leave, we discovered we had a flat tire and had to wait in the hotel lobby for AAA. After 10 minutes of waiting, one of the hotel staff came over and generouls gave us back the keys to our room and said the room was ours until 8pm or when AAA finished. Again, at NO EXTRA CHARGE! I have never seen such great hospitality like this at a hotel before.

If you are in the area, I would highly suggest staying at this hotel. I will definitely be staying here again if I am in the area in future!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank tkg04d
Reviewed 13 August 2008

This is a great hotel! It is VERY clean and the staff is fantastic. We were able to get a great rate with AAA, but we would have paid the regular rate for this hotel. The room was very nice and comfy and the breakfast was good. The only complaint I have is that they need exaust fans in the bathroom...although this was only an issue after walking in after my hubby ;)

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank sucaso
Reviewed 1 May 2008

I stayed 5 days at this newer hotel on the southside. The staff, food and accomondations were great. There were plenty of restaurants, 2 major supermarkets plus an all natural market and Stein Mart within walking distance. Because this area is still in developement, there is no public transportation. I walked three plus miles to get a bus to tour the city. It was good walking. I would stay at this hotel again.

1  Thank Ivyhill
Reviewed 29 February 2008

We were in Jacksonville for a family get together, and looked for a hotel near our daughter's home. This Hampton Inn fit the bill nicely.
It is a pretty new hotel. It is in great shape, and was constantly being maintained. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The first few days, our room was not made up until late in the afternoon. We asked for a change to mornings, and it was taken care of promptly. We had a handicapped room and it was great. The sink actually had a counter for make up, etc, along with a coffee maker and a hair dryer on the wall. The amenities were good.........shampoo, conditioner, lotion, mouthwash, shower cap, and best of all, an individually packaged make up remover which was replaced daily. That's the first time I've EVER seen that in any hotel, from top of the line, to casual. We had nice towels.........four nicely sized bath towels, four hand towels and four wash cloths. There was a hand held shower which could be height adjusted. We had a roll in shower with a fold down seat with a transfer edge. It was very convenient, although I do wish there was a bench or chair in the bathroom. There were two hooks on the back of the door, one at the regular height and one at chair height.
The closet was covered by a full length mirror, which formed the closet door. There was an iron and board and an extra blanket. No safe.
We had a king sized bed, two nightstands, two bedside reading lamps, a desk with a lamp and a comfortable chair and a dresser/credenza with five drawers and a flat screen tv. There was a small microwave and refrigerator. Everything was very nice EXCEPT the usual comfy Hampton Inn chair has been replaced by an upright backed hard dining room type chair. It looks strange and is not comfortable. I asked about it at the desk and the woman there told me that that was the "new" model of Hampton Inn. I hope they change their mind about that. There was free wifi in the rooms which worked well.
There was a complementary breakfast which was some better than a continental breakfast. There was cereal, cold and instant hot, bagels or muffins or sweet rolls or toast. There was usually a selection of three. There was a hot choice a meat and an egg something. It was always some kind of sausage and then a "sliced" poached egg, or similar. It was not very good. There was not very good coffee, and three juice selections. The Hampton Inn fresh baked evening cookies were in evidence and delicious.
There is a shopping center across the street with a grocery store and several restaurants.
The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed our stay. We would stay there again and would recommend it highly.

Stayed: February 2008