“Very good BBQ, with reasonable smoke (smoke is not our favorite) Wonderful wet Brisket”

4 Rivers Smokehouse
Ranked #27 of 2,181 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 4 Rivers is a family-owned smokehouse specializing in 30-day aged brisket, homemade southern sides and fresh bakery items.
Reviewed 3 May 2017

My wife and I were passing through Jacksonville on Rt 95, staying at the Comfort Inn next to 4 Rivers Smokehouse and were given a good review front the front desk person so we tried 4 Rivers and were very pleased we did. my wife had the BBQ Quesadilla's with Chicken and thought it was very good. I had the Pit-master Combo so I could try 4 different meats which I chose the wet Brisket (excellent), Pulled Pork (very good), Tri-Tip (excellent), and the St Louis Ribs which were the most smoky, but very good. for side we tried the 4R BBQ Beans (very good), Mac & Cheese (excellent), Texas Cornbread which has Jalapeno in them (only good), Southern Coleslaw (good), and Baked Cheese Grits (very Good a little dry) . This was some of the best BBQ we've had while traveling on the road. They also have tons of drinks to choose from and a fabulous sweet shop. The place is clean, bright and if you don't need the restroom and sink near the door to wash your hands. We were very pleased with everything at 4 Rivers Smokehouse and will eat here again when traveling on Rt 95 through Jacksonville. They have other locations too.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Visited the location on Baymeadows. Great bbq and delicious sides with a whole bakery area with lovely, made -at -the -restaurant goodies. Atmosphere is ok-a little loud, hard to hear if wearing a hearing aid. Reasonably priced. A friend of mine ordered the child's meal with no problem.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

The most tender brisket I've ever had could have used a bit more seasoning, sausage was juicy and the skin wasn't tough, the ribs were nice and smokey, fall of the bone tender. They have 3 house made BBQ sauces, I only tried the original which was very well balanced sweet and spicy. Baked beans were made with a different BBQ than the rest of the menu so they didn't taste like you were eating the same thing and the smoked pork bits gave it a nice texture. Mean green beans! Delicious although slightly over cooked, sort of mushy. The Mac and cheese taste like KFC mac and cheese, which is not a bad thing for me. And get the corn bread instead of the biscuits. Biscuits were badly made, but the corn bread was a hit all day. My only overall complaint was the food was served lukewarm.

The service was fast and friendly, very spacious on the inside and a nice outside dining area, they have plates, lids, straws, togo boxes, plastic ware, AND drink machine inside and outside, so if you decide to eat outside, you don't have to run back and forth for your extras.

I'll be coming back to this location and I highly recommend this place if you want really good BBQ.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped there for lunch on the way back to NY.
Had a brisket sandwich with mac and cheese and fries.
It was excellent. The brisket come in 2 varieties, moist (fatty) and lean. We chose the lean. It was juicy and tasted wonderful.
The spicy BBQ sauce was terrific. Took home 3 bottles.
Can't wait to drive down in the all.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

The food was as all promised great❤️. Beautiful atmosphere, wonderful waiting staff. It was neat and clean. It was a little pricey though 64$ for 4 people to eat. Just to give you and idea my husband and I shared a meal because we knew we wouldn't eat much? Enjoy