“A 5 STAR SC Wow ME! BBQ”

Monroe's Smokehouse Bar B-Q
Ranked #136 of 2,181 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Thanks to another Review. We are here. Holly Oink:-0 Delicious. VERY GOOD IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT.

I ordered the Pulled Pork with 2 sides. Collard Greens and the Black Eyed Peas.
Very Juicy Pork. Moist, lunch platter is generous its what Southern Hospitality is known for.

The Collards are seasoned very well. Cut up in large pieces. Definitely home made. No bitterness.
You do not need any Pepper Sauce.
Try them first. They are spiced just right.

About the Black Eyed Peas. Savory, it's obvious they have been cooked very slow. Can taste and see Bacon.

Oh MY! If only my Stomach was Bigger(lol)
But, we know what the outcome would be.
More exercise and less treats.
Will Return.
Special Thanks to Christina, Our Server. Great personality. People Skills.
The Staff works hard to keep customers happy. Family owned.
X-Cellent:-)_

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

When you head south in the fall or north in the spring...
Monroes Barbecue, only a few feet off the interstate, is not to be missed.
Unlike some barbecue restaurants in the Carolinas that offer food primarily catering to southern tastes
Monroes offerings are diverse enough to satisfy almost anyone and the quality of all items is very good.The dry rub ribs are outstanding and different from the excellent ribs offered by chains such as Duffy s and Smokey Bones. Try them.
The service is excellent and the prices are very low.
Northerners. Take our advice
Stop here for a meal.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

The BBQ is great! If you are a lover of vinegar based sauce, make sure you ask for it, they do not always put it out on the tables.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

This is one of the best Bar-B-Quality places around. We lived in Texas for ten years and this is best we have had so far. Everyone there is happy and willing to help. If your not sure what to order. I recommend the cheddar fries for an appetizer and the smoke house platter for two. Definitely have your appetite with you, you will still have leftovers.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

A friend recommended this while visiting last month, we met on evening around 630 on a week night. She had been prior & said how good it was, I do like two other places in Jax, & I do not care for the bar b q they serve in SC where I live now. It is located in a small strip center, may miss it when driving by. Since I had eaten lunch that day, did not want a large meal, so ordered the burnt ends (beef) sandwich & a fried corn. I took off one bread slice, not served on a bun & ate it that way. Very, Very tender good meat & the little sauce I added was good, though is good without it. Love the fried corn on the cob, since I cannot get that here either. They also have some veggies as sides along with the usual bar b q type sides. We had good service also & I would go again next time in town.