“Good portions/service”

Bono's Pit Bar-B-Q
Ranked #492 of 2,181 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Had the 3 meat combo with 2 sides, brisket, turkey and sausage were all good. The coleslaw was a little lacking but im picky. Good service and didnt have to wait long to be served.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

I came here for a quick weekend getaway. The hotel was modern and clean. The staff was awesome. So friendly and helpful. They have a happy hour which I didn't partake in. They have a kitchen with a carryout style service. There is plenty of sitting room in the lobby. Pool table and a bar. Perfect location. It's not on the beach but only about a short 20 mins drive out. This location and town are awesome. We went to a club one night, a hookah lounge and a comedy show. Everything was close by. No stressing in traffic or getting lost. I would certainly return when in Jacksonville.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Simply the best bbq in Jacksonville,great food great staff,will be going back.Always look forward to my trips to Jacksonville knowing that I will get good bbq,I come from Florence sc and the bbq's there are terrible

Reviewed 3 April 2016

Bono's is a small chain of BBQ restaurants. Their wings were perfectly seasoned, smoky and with great texture - juicy inside, with small crunchy bits of fat outside. The beef brisket was also great. Both meats were great without any BBQ sauce, but 4 different varieties were available. 5 stars for the protein. Sides of baked beans, potato salad, and coleslaw were quite good, 4 stars. Parking good, ambience excellent with high ceilings and open beams, service excellent. This location has a drive through, which was well patronized. (Unlike many GA and FL restaurants that advertise BBQ and seafood, Bono's menu has no seafood of any kind, which I think is a plus for a BBQ place.)

Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

I decided to grab a quick delicious lunch at the Bono's Lane Avenue, using an on-line coupon. I ordered my meal but when I arrived at the window, the rude lady said we will not honor the coupon but we advertise only to get people in. I thought that this was fraudulent, and deceptive.The Manager refused to come to the window. I believe that poor service and poor attitude and poor mananent go hand in hand, with poorly trained employees. I would skip this place and head to the Bono's on San Jose Blvd.,
where they appreciate your business and care about your dining experience.