“Nice Italian Restaurant ”

Siena's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #189 of 2,181 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Italian
Description: 9042209192
Description: 9042209192
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Our first time at Siena's was a good experience.

We were quickly seated. We ordered soft drinks and appetizers.

Appetizers we ordered the cheese garlic bread and fried raviolis. Neither one was impressive. They also severed garlic knots ( on the house ) - those were much better than the cheese bread.

Entrees: large pizza with bacon and pepperoni. The kids loved it. They loved that it actually has a lot of bacon and pepperoni. I would have liked to see the crust a bit crispier. When I served my sons slice it was a big soggy. But they did not complain.

I ordered the spicy chicken with angel hair - sorry forgot the name ( it's the first one under chicken). It was VERY Good.

I also used the yelp freebie for a free glass of wine - I ordered the white Zinfandel. It was very tasty.

Megan_Sienas, Manager at Siena's Italian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Thank you for your review. I wanted to make sure you know about our wine-down Wednesdays. $1.00 glasses of select wines with the purchase of an entree'. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2017

We have eaten here several times over the past year. Food has been great and very consistent. They do a great job on Italian basic dishes as well as pizza. We have used their carry out and they have good delivery service as well.

Thank you Bill! We appreciate your continuing support. We do use a delivery service. All anyone need to do is go to sienaitalian.com and place their delivery order there. Thank you again!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

The first time I went to Siena's was with a group of friends who liked the food. I had shrimp in a lemon butter sauce and a Caesar salad. The lemon butter sauce was thin and tasteless and the Caesar was nothing special. The bread (garlic knots) were tough and again, nothing special. But...everyone in our group that ordered the eggplant parmesan said it was delicious and a friend gave me a bite. The eggplant was thin and crispy, but not burned. The amount of sauce was perfect.
On this evening there was a man playing the guitar and singing. Some in our group enjoyed him, I felt the music was too much for such a small space. Then, on his break, he came over to chat. He asked me and another woman if, "we believed in heaven?" I was offended! He then launched into a winding story about his granddaughters (Nevaeh...cleaver) complete with phone photos. I don't go out to eat to be disturbed by people I don't know and their religious or family stories.
My husband and I returned, on a night without the guitar player/conversationalist. He ordered the Italian Sausage with peppers and I ordered the eggplant. Both dishes were very good and the amounts were huge. On recommendation, we ordered the house salad. It was not tasty, so that makes both their salad choices a bomb! Again, the bread was disappointing.
On another note, our server was so annoying, overly attentive, bowing, and yet, got our order wrong (and others), and did not manage to get our dinners to us at the same time.
We haven't been back. I'm not sure the eggplant is THAT great to override all the other deficits.

1  Thank CindyCBL
Megan_Sienas, Manager at Siena's Italian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your visits to our establishment. We strive to please everyone, unfortunately we are not always able to do that. I do agree that our musician should adhere to the same political correct guidelines as our staff. We have discussed this with him since. If you are ever unsatisfied with your meal we are more than happy to do anything we can to make it up to you.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

This can't be the same place that got glowing reviews.
It's a strip center Italian restaurant without any atmosphere or Italian food. The bread was warm and soft...and the best part of the meal. When you order a salad and they ask if you want any dressing, it's an omen. My wife asked for blue cheese and got a plastic tub of mayonnaise with a few chunks of blue cheese, a very ordinary plate of lettuce, a few slices of tomato, and a couple of croutons. Shrimp scampi was 5 overcooked shrimp on spaghetti in a semi-solid lemon flavored sauce.
Positive. Large portions.
Negative. Large portions

2  Thank OldDukeDoc

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your evening with us. I am curious about the salad you received. Our salad are made with a spring mix, pickled cabbage (pickled in house), carrots, onion and diced tomatoes. We highly recommend our homemade signature basil vinaigrette dressing, it compliments the salad well. I am appalled to hear that the shrimp was overcooked. We would of been very happy to replace it had you let us know. We strive to serve only quality food and that is probably the reason for our glowing reviews.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

If you want a great Italian dinner that taste homemade then you need to try Siena's.
From the outside it does not look special and not going to go in, but I'm glad I did.
We have been regulars every since we are there the first time.
The food is very good and cooked to order. Good portions.
Wednesday is Wine down Wednesday with $1 glasses of wine to go with their great Italian food.
You will not be sorry if you give it a try

Thank you for not judging a book by its cover! And thank you for your lovely review, we really do appreciate it.