“Bang for the buck”

Ranked #88 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Largo, Florida
“Bang for the buck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Trips to Jacksonville, for medical treatment, mean a four hour drive each way for me. Looking for an under $50 a night room within 10 minutes of my treatment local, has found me in rather seedy circumstances in the past. What good fortune to find this place! Clean, well appointed and none the worse for wear, it served my purposes for a second time recently and I don't hesitate to say I'd use the facilities again and again to suit my purposes. If your focal point is Jacksonville I don't think you could go wrong using this place as a pivot point. What with the in room WiFi access, HBO/cable TV, frig, microwave, coffee maker, iron and board, and safe; along with the free continental breakfast, which includes a do it yourself waffle maker, there's real value to be had here. While the local may not be scenic, this place is far and away a whole lot nicer than most of the places I've stayed in an attempt to find affordable accommodations near Jax. A real value and a lucky find.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Albert G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

I am Wyndham Rewards Member and choose this hotel... I just reserve the Suite and now I show the pictures taken today december 30. Tomorrow I just leave and return home and cancel my weekend celebration.... Badddd

1 Thank Nicky R
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here with my two small children recently--we were traveling from Florida to Ohio and needed a place to stay for the night. We arrived around 11:45 p.m. I normally check the rooms before handing over my money, but I was so exhausted, I took the room sight-unseen. Biggest mistake of my traveling life.

I concur with all the negative reviews of this hotel---it was a filthy, run-down DUMP. Dirty room, musty odor, black and brown stains on the box springs---absolutely disgusting.

Unfriendly staff, didn't really give a darn about anything and argumentative about every little thing.

Avoid this place like the plague!

2 Thank Am M
Plantation, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

This hotel was one of the worst places we have ever stayed. To start with the desk clerk barely spoke English and was unfriendly. The room was neat, but had a musty smell and was in a state of disrepair. That we can deal with. The REAL problem was a lot of truckers stayed there and some had to leave their trucks running all night, right across from our room. The door in our room had no seal around it so the noise was very loud an d that made it very difficult to fall asleep. Sometimes the noise got really loud and woke us up. To make matters worse, some of them started checking out at 4am and were NOT quiet, yelling back and forth to eachother right outside of our room. Then, we all know the kind of noise a truck starting off sound like! This went on periodically until we checked out at 8am. Needless to say, we barely slept.

1 Thank Starrchar
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Seedy feeling, scary people hanging around, smell of marijuana, rude receptionist, shower faucet fell off causing us to change rooms. Smelly, stuffy room with snot on the wall next to the bed...Awful place...

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jon w
Travellers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
0.2 km away
0.2 km away
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#39 of 132 in Jacksonville

Been to Travelodge Inn and Suites Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Inn and Suites Jacksonville Airport

Property: Travelodge Inn and Suites Jacksonville Airport
Address: 1153 Airport Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32218-2401 (Formerly Ramada Hotel Airport)
Region: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #88 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Price range (per night): $88 - $132
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Inn and Suites Jacksonville Airport 2*
The newly-renovated Travelodge Inn & Suites, a distinctive, courtyard-style hotel that delivers a refreshing blend of warm Florida hospitality and modern lifestyle services. Located near Jacksonville International Airport, our charming inn offers a comfortable and convenient lodging experience for both business and leisure travelers to Florida's First Coast. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Inn and Suites Jacksonville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport Hotel Jacksonville