“Great Place, Great Food, Great Service”
Review of Chuy's Restaurant

Chuy's Restaurant
Ranked #331 of 2,170 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This place looks unusual but don't let that fool you. The hubcaps on the ceiling, the interesting tables and the lady in the glass booth making shells make for a fascinating time just by looking at the way it was decorated!

We were seated by a hostess. Our server came by quickly and was constantly on top of making sure that our drinks were full. The bring by chips an salsa and they were the best I have had.

The prices seem a bit high to me but we ordered and sampler platter and shared it between two of us and we were absolutely stuffed.

I plan on returning the next time I am in Jacksonville our to this great experience.

I highly recommend it for all fellow travelers looking for excellent Tex Mex.

Enjoy

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Chuy's is a national chain. My husband was familiar with the original Chuy's in Austin and we had both been to the Knoxville Chuy's several times. We enjoyed those visits which is why it was all the more disappointing to not have the quality food we had had in the other places. Here, the tortilla soup, one of our favorites, was very bland. With some hot sauce and salt added to it, it was okay if not as good as I remembered. I ordered the Cheese Chile Rellenos. If you like large portions, you won't be disappointed. I was served two huge Rellenos with the usual refried beans and rice. There are charro beans as an option as well. The food was lukewarm, the batter on the Rellenos is a heavy and thick batter and the peppers were still crunchy. I have nothing against crunchy peppers in general but I like my Rellenos soft. My husband had the Classic TexMex. He thought it was good however the temperature was very uneven: some parts were hot, some almost cold and some warm...
We ate at the bar. It was happy hour and bar area was not busy. Despite that, the bartenders were not very attentive. The margaritas were excellent.
This particular franchise has not been opened very long. I will attribute our "not so good" experience there as growing pains.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We travel in a motor home and try to live on Groupon and living socials. My wife love this place ,so do I. The food is fresh and taste like it. The decor is awesome. I watched the boss and would hire him any day. Don't do the happy hour there is no bargains there to be had. They need to be more in tune there accept they charge 12 bucks for Margaritas. Wine is out of control. 3 of us sat down to chat each had 2 beverages. 62 bucks the free chips and sausa and beans were not worth that. Go for a meal and drink water.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent upbeat retro atmosphere.
Freshly made every 30 minutes the Guacamole is delicious with kick. Everything has kick because of high standards For hot peppers. The Tortilla soup best HUGE Chunks of tender chicken. Fajitas amazing.
Tres Leches cake slice was enough for a small army. Dog friendly.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We were for a family dinner the other night. We have been to Chuy's in the Houston area and were anxious to try this one as well. It did not disappoint, even though there were 7 in our party on a busy weekend night, we were promptly seated. Our server, Kaylin, was prompt, efficient and very professional. I had steak fajitas, excellent, there were a number of different items ordered by the other six, no complaints. Well worth the drive into town for an excellent meal. Good portion size,