All reviews aloft brand jacksonville airport modern hotel lobby bar restaurants and shopping bed was comfortable hotel chain an overnight stay night's sleep shuttle service alofts pet furnishings walmart cruise interstate
Reviewed 2 September 2018

The room was nice overall and clean which is important. The staff were pleasant.
. The bar was a good place to come down and have a drink in the evening before going out. There were scrapes and scuffs all over the walls. The website photos gave it a more luxurious look but it was very basic and rundown. This was more due to the lack of upkeep/maintenance. The lobby was furniture was run down and dirty so it needs to be replaced. The white pool fence was rusted and the rust had run all over the ground. It should be cleaned and the fence replaced with plastic fencing. The pool table was scrapped on the sides and the table itself. The pool sticks were just lying against a chair because there was no wall mounted holders. With maintenance this could be the hotel it advertises to be.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dan W, Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

DerondaC-
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us no how your stay was with the Aloft Jacksonville Airport. I very happy to inform you that we are starting a complete renovation September 28, 2018. Please come back and visit us next year with a new product.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I'm a Marriott Platinum Elite member and i thought i'd try the ALoft Jacksonville Airport. Huge MISTAKE.... this hotel is run down.
1- carpet in halls and room is coming up

6- room walls are cracking and missing paint and parts of wall

7- hotel walls are super thin and you hear adjoining rooms guests

8- water pipes in hotel make a lot of noise through the night

9- most dior handles - fixtures in room are falling off or very lose

10-went down to breakfast at 8:45am and they were just about down putting everything away!!!! Seriously!!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Dan W, Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy to announce that we will start a full renovation September 28, 2018. This will eliminate a lot of the items you mentioned in your comments. Please come back and visit our hotel once we have a fresh new product. Please contact me direct via my email Mindy.patrick@mckibbon.com as I would like to offer you points for your inconvenience. Please send me your SPG or Marriott Rewards number so we can apply the points to your account.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I appreciate how pet-friendly Aloft is, and this property was no exception. To be able to travel to a nice hotel and pay no extra pet fees sets this property apart from the rest. The hotel staff was great, and the location worked well for us. We were traveling north on I-95 and wanted to avoid morning rush-hour traffic. This hotel is north enough of the city center that our morning departure was a breeze. Like other reviewers, we found the rooms a bit dated, but everything was tidy and clean. The hotel was peaceful, the beds were comfortable, and we were happy to get a good night's sleep.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Nice European feel this was surprisingly a nice place to visit, the staff is really nice and attentive, the room remind me of something I see in Europe, the pool was no frills that clean and towels were available, really a nice place to sit and relax

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2018

While this hotel is located very close to the airport, shopping and dining it is not the best Aloft I have stayed at. Staff was very friendly, supportive and prompt, but the inside of the hotel looked run down and tired. While I would stay here again it wouldn't be my first preference.

Room tip: Close to shopping and dining. Ask to get a room on back side of hotel for view.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Dan W, General Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Firebrandfire,

Thank you so much for notifying us of your experience here at the Aloft. We are very happy to inform you that we will be going through a complete renovation starting September 24, 2018. Please when returning to the area give us another opportunity to make your stay outstanding with our updated hotel.