All reviews cruise terminal cruise package pancake maker front desk shuttle service the breakfast area continental breakfast great place to stay staying at this hotel one night stay hie ihg mattress interstate
Reviewed 6 August 2018

This is my second time staying at this hotel. As a frequent traveller and platinum member of the IHG rewards club, I generally like staying at holiday inn express if I'm traveling solo and just need a good night's sleep/decent breakfast. The first stay last year was fine.

The room is spacious and the breakfast at this hotel is excellent. That's the only thing good about this hotel. The rooms are not well cleaned and maintained. With all of that, I would have given this property a rating of 4 stars. However, what made my experience truly horrible is the service from the front desk staff.

At check in, the front desk staff (a lady) did not give any greetings and just answered questions in forms of "huh" and "um um". Right after my check in, she greeted the older couple after me with a sudden attitude change. I don't know if it's because I was underdress (was only wearing T-shirts/shorts) or that I was asian/foreigner. All that was subjective from my perspective and I wouldn't have written a review if that was the only negative experience. The next morning, I called the front desk from my room to check out. Knowing I won't swing by the front desk to get a folio I just asked "there are no additional charges right?" The lady on the phone suddenly got hostile and asked "did you break anything in the room?" I was just shocked of what she was asking and told her no. She said "Then why would you ask me if there are any charges?" I told her I was just double checking as I always ask that question at every check-out if I won't get a folio right away.

Going through the reviews here, I noticed almost all replies of reviews were from IHG corporate. Seems like the property manager doesn't care about customer feedback. I will not return to this property nor recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank gbdbld
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here the night before our cruise. Less than a mile from terminal so very convenient if cruising out of Jacksonville.
The room was clean and very comfortable. The beds and pillows were both soft which we really like. Bathroom was the average hotel bathroom...clean and met our needs.
All employees that we encountered were nice and helpful. They had a nice breakfast spread. Including biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, and breads. Very nice. The closest restaurant was a Wendys which you could walk to. If you drive about 12 miles you will find many sit down restaurant options along with some shopping. Overall we would choose this hotel again for cleanliness and location.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I have stayed at this property numerous times teaching some classes in their conference room. Tney always upgrade my room, the staff is wonderful and the location is great ! They will treat you like family after your very first stay !

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We stayed there for a week while visiting our son and his family. Make reservations far in advance- this place is popular and was booked full every night. Very nice suite. Comfortable and quiet. The location is very close to 295 so easy to get to. It is also close to the cruise ship landing.

Room tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor facing east and was very quiet and had the morning sun.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Room 208 has a musty smell. Bed linens rough and uncomfortable. Only one of the washcloths DID NOT have a hair on it. Breakfast was fair at best with the coffee being lukewarm. I will say the staff was generally friendly.

Date of stay: March 2018
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello N2gy,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville - Blount Island, FL. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about our staff.

On behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room condition, bed linens and the bathroom amenities which were unacceptable. We will address these concerns. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando