All reviews cruise terminal cruise package pancake maker front desk cinnamon rolls shuttle service continental breakfast the hotel offers biscuits and gravy great place to stay rooms are large staying at this hotel one night stay hie ihg mattress musty
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Excellent service! The staff was so friendly! Great place to stay overnight! Breakfast was really good! The room was very clean and all in all it was a good experience. We did not have reservations and pulled in due to a bad lightning storm.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017

The front staff were very friendly. They offer a decent complementary breakfast .Unfortunately, this is an old hotel. The carpets are nasty and the room's décor are very institutionalized. It's like sleeping in a hospital room or nursing home, except no one woke me at 4:00 AM to draw blood. The pool is small, appears clean, but there are no lounge chairs, just up right chairs, The gym is very small. Not bad for one night.

Room Tip: Rear rooms, you will hear the highway. The front rooms, a train goes by, blowing the horn, directly accross the street. Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Hi Kat K,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate the friendliness of our staff and our breakfast offering. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with the condition of the hotel, carpet cleanliness, room decor just to name a few. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel!! Not perfect. Needs a little TLC!!(A very good detailed cleaning, all over!!)
Breakfast was good!! Staff is vey friendly!!
We arrived late with a quick check in to our room. Nice location.
In room coffee!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Michelle F,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to know you liked the fine location of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of our facility. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I booked this property for two nights 08/06-08/08 and i called the day before i was due to check in because i had accidentally made it for one night instead of two and i asked the woman helping me if she could just extend it another night, she proceeded to tell me no and then she told she could make me a second reservation but i would have to stay in a king room the first night and move to a two queen room the second night, i asked her why and she told me because they were " sold out for Monday Night" i said okay and we finished the call, however i went back to the website and it showed available to book so i booked a new reservation this time for two nights for the same room type both nights, i got my confirmation and called the hotel to verify it was true since she told me they were SOLD OUT. or more like she couldn't bother to even ask my name and look before telling me flat out no. It was the same employee so I gave her the confirmation and she told me yes that i have a reservation for two nights and the same room both nights, she didn't remember me so i reminded her who i was and i told her that it was interesting since she said they were sold out, she was very quick to spit out that now i had oversold them by one and that now they were going to have to walk someone. I asked her for a manager and she told me they didn't have managers or supervisors on the weekends, interesting. I don't have a name because she never gave me one but i think it was Lashinda or Lashonda, so i told her that i would talk to the managers on Monday and she said that i should do that in a very sarcastic manner, i work in an IHG property and i was shocked to see how this property allowed their employees to behave,when i arrived i checked in with Joe and he was very nice and then i go into the room and our towels are dirty so i go to the desk and i waited 30 mins before he came down and in that time he had three phone calls who rung for so long they ended up hanging up and when he came down he had three guest waiting i let him finish with the other guest and then asked for towels, the second day the girl in the breakfast area is walking around drinking and eating and there is a man standing in the breakfast area just standing there staring at us and on his phone and he was an employee who i later learned was from the maintenance department. So on Monday Morning i go to ask for a manager and the same girl tells me there was not a manager on duty!

My problem is the lack of professionalism and customer service skills with these employees , they feel very comfortable with their jobs to be able to be so sarcastic and rude and also the fact that apparently there is never a manager on duty! Which could have just been a lie told by the front desk. I traveled with my mother for a quick getaway and we were very disappointed with the hotel overall. I would never stay here again and i would never recommend it either.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank estefaniadarreola
Management response:Responded 10 August 2017

estefaniadarreola,

I want to apologize for what sounds like a terrible experience. It is definitely not the policy to conduct business like this by any means. I would love the opportunity to discuss this situation further as it is the first I am hearing of it. Please contact the hotel directly as ask to speak with Josh.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel staff that greeted us was very friendly and welcoming. Pool was open late for kids to swim. Beds were very comfortable. Room spacious. Everything was clean. NO BEDBUGS. Breakfast was delicious. Omelets, ham, sausage, biscuits, gravy, sweets, coffee with choices of creamers, milk and juices. Wifi-great access, workout gym-didn't use. Only had one washer/dryer that I did use and it was great. Air in room was cold. We stay here one night to board a cruise the next day. We got the cruise package. Which included parking for the remainder of the cruise and shuttle service to and from the cruise terminal. Parking was less than a mile from the hotel at the Parking Mall and a shuttle took us to the cruise terminal for departure and shuttle brought us back to parking area when we returned. Overall great stay and will def stay in future at this hotel if in the area. A+

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family