All reviews first floor waffles in town breakfast room comfortable bed hot tub indoor pool front desk staff one night perkins hallway battlefield
Reviewed 24 September 2018

We checked into this motel at 3:30PM on Friday Sept. 21, 2018, dropped off our belongings, went to check out the venue we were attending for the weekend, went to dinner and came back at 6:30. When we opened the door to our room, all I could smell was mold & mildew! We were traveling with dogs, so as I was out walking my dog, I asked a woman who was staying there if her room smelled like mildew. She said, "It sure does, I thought maybe something was wrong with the air conditioner or something." She continued, "I overheard another guy at the front dest asking for a discount because of the same problem!" I went back to the room and told my husband that I could not stay in that room because of the smell and there was no sense in trying to get a different room, because other people were complaining about the smell also. I looked around and actually saw mildew around the sprinkler near the ceiling! So we arranged to get a room at a nearby motel that accepted dogs and I went to the front desk to see about a refund for the 2 nights we had reserved. The manager would not give a refund for that night & denied there was a problem. I told him that the only thing we used in that room was the toilet and opened a bar of soap. I asked him to please go check room 104 and he would see that nothing was disturbed (except the soap) and to smell the room. I told him that other people staying there were complaining about the smell in their rooms as well. He said he inspects every room and it's fine. I told him then there was something wrong with his nose! Terrible customer service and the grass in back of the motel where I walked my dog was ankle deep, it hadn't been mowed in weeks. There is NO Quality at this inn, it's a health hazzard!
~Elizabeth

Room tip: Check out the room before you pay any money!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amit N, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Please note that we're unable to provide full refunds after the room is used for 4 hours.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience as we will be doing a full remodel this winter.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

We booked this Inn while we were in Williamsburg vacationing. We were supposed to leave Sunday but decided to pack it in Friday due to the hurricane. We stayed for 2 nights in Gettysburg as I didn't want to cut my vacation short. I didn't know what I was getting for the price, but everything was satisfactory. The young girl at the front desk was very welcoming. We got a room on the first floor, 2 doors away from the breakfast area. The breakfast was great with waffles, pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, bagels, danish. We will be coming back to Gettysburg hopefully next year and would not hesitate staying here again. It was close to the square and battlefield and many restaurants.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2018

Hi TrailBlazer784238,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our staffs hospitality and breakfast! Our primary aim is to give you a comfortable and accommodating experience, and we are very pleased to hear of our success in this ambition. On behalf of our entire staff, we appreciate your stay and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Gettysburg City! Kind regards.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Just a one night stay, but very pleased. Friendly staff, clean/comfortable room. Well worth the price. The complimentary breakfast was very good. Large selection. Would consider using this motel again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Richard K,

We are so glad to know that you had a great time with us and thank you so much for appreciating our efforts of providing you with clean and comfortable accommodations in a reasonable cost. We would love to have you back and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Very nice rooms and large showers. The only inconvenience was the desk chair was to close to the bed. You cannot beat the breakfast. Waffles, pancakes (half dollar size) (makes good sausage / egg sandwiches), and all of the other breakfast foods. Safe did not work because they were upgrading the system or something.

Room tip: We were on the back side, second floor. It was quiet.

Dear Tom D,

Thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with our rooms, shower and breakfast as well. We strive to give you a wonderful experience, and I am very happy to discover that you enjoyed
your stay; though I apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced with desk chair, safe and I hope that your next visit will be even better. We are also forever working to improve upon the guest experience and I hope you will remember our attributes and return to see how we have improved to impress you even more.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Good luck getting the on-duty manager on the phone, or the front desk.

Everything else that took place for our night's stay was consistent with that total lack of care or attention.

The only bright spot were the breakfast options. That wouldn't bring me back to this place again as there are enough options in the area to choose from.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Capitol_Backpacker,

I'm sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy the service, accommodations and hospitality that we hold to such a high degree of importance in our hotel. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are working hard to address these issues and improve upon the guest experience.Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can make sure no future guest experiences the same inconvenience.