All reviewsnational cemeterygreat locationwithin walking distanceroom was cleancan't beat the pricestay there againin towngreat place to staysteinwehr aveoutdoor poolrestaurants and shopsparking lotshort drivevisitor centermoteldanishrepair
Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

Ok, so it isn't a 5 star hotel. All we wanted was a clean comfortable bed. For less than 70 bucks, this was it. We had a king bed and mini fridge. The man at the desk was nice and helpful. The location was great too. Walking distance to several shops, restaurants and ghost tours.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dankel17055
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Another great stay at the Budget Host. The manager is very friendly and helpful. We drove our big extended cab Silverado, and he made sure that we had a good parking spot for it. This hotel is a no frills stay for a very reasonable price. We stay here every time we visit Gettysburg, because of the price, friendliness, and the location.
The décor is a little old fashioned, but our main concern is cleanliness. There are only 29 rooms, so if there is something special going on in Gettysburg, you will need to book early.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 26 September 2015

Keeping in mind the excellent price, this hotel is good overall. The manager was nice and spoke to us several times when meeting him around the property. The room was OK; however, my friend laughed at the tiny bar of soap we received the first day. (The second day, we received a larger amount of soap.)

The room was clean. The breakfast consisted of a sweet roll or muffin and coffee, served in the small reception room. The location is good, with shops and a few restaurants within walking distance. One can drive a short distance to the Gettysburg military cemetery where Lincoln gave his address.

There is an outdoor pool, but we did not have time to swim. I would recommend the motor lodge to someone who did not mind not having the frills.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2015

My partner and I were just passing through on route to points north. We arrived late in the evening without a reservation, but were able to get a decent room at a budget rate. The gentleman in the front office was very helpful. This hotel is centrally located in downtown Gettysburg and close to all the attractions.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2015

I mean, it's not the Ritz-Carlton but that's not what I booked. The room was nice for the money, the bed was hard as a rock but we were so tired it didn't matter, the pool was nice, the place was quiet. The ONLY issue I have is the fact that I was charged TWICE! Actually, the second time I was charged, I was charged $50 MORE than the first time. I too, have been told I'll be getting a check but I told them I wanted a money order...those don't bounce. Mark was very nice when I spoke with him and was nice the entire time we were there (Sept 2-6th). His explanation for the double charge was that the internet kept going up and down (this is true) so he didn't know who was charged and who wasn't!?!?! You're charged when you check in and why didn't you let folks know what you were doing?! I'll give him a few more days and then I dispute! I would stay here again for the location alone =)

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple