“Good Enough Given the Location”

Appalachian Brewing Company - Gateway
Ranked #31 of 135 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: USD 6 - USD 22
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I try not to judge a place based on one visit. That being said, the service wasn't as quick as I would have thought especially since it wasn't that busy and they were out of chicken wings which was disappointing for a Sunday afternoon/evening.

That being said, the hostesses were nice and smiled while I walked around to quiet down my baby and the stromboli I eventually ordered was good. Plus if you are staying at the Wyndham, there is enough of a beer selection that you could walk there and back and not have to worry about driving home (they share a parking lot). The cost is a little high but not enough for me to knock the restaurant as a whole.

So if you are staying in one of the hotels nearby, it is worth a dinner and drinks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,207)

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I was in from out of town and my client recommended this place for lunch. Like to try local chains and this one did not disappoint. It was a nice surprise to find brats and pierogies on the menu - I enjoyed them. Sweet mustard was delicious. Waitress was attentive. If I'm back in the area will be back to try something else from the extensive menu.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We were staying at the Marriott for an event and stopped in here for lunch over the weekend. The bartender was helpful and very kind. We took her suggestions for lunch and ordered wings to start, a burger, and the open-faced roast beef sandwich. All were well seasoned and delicious. Hoping to get back real soon because we had trouble picking off the menu --- too many good choices.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a few different beers that were ok. The wings were overcooked (dry) and the sauces were ok. Also had the pretzel nuggets which were about 2x3 inches. The mustard was good, the cheese dip bland. Our waiter was 100%, great service.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Our waiter was outstanding. I have a food allergy and he went above and beyond to make sure I could eat the soup I really wanted to try. The food was excellent, the restaurant bright and well lit. Very clean. Highly recommend it.