“Great food and great staff!”

Appalachian Brewing Company - Gettysburg Gateway
Ranked #13 of 129 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: USD 6 - USD 22
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
South River, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and great staff!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The food was phenomenal! The staff was friendly and attentive. A 20 minute wait on a Friday night was not bad at all and completely worth the wait!

• Visited March 2012

Maryland
“Good Food - Great Beer”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This place is definitely not just a bar. It's just a bit outside of town, which means they have their own parking. The atmosphere is open and a bit loud, but this is clearly one of our favorites. I had the Hoppy Trails IPA and it was one of the best locally brewed beers I've had in a long time. Don't recall what I had for dinner (beer must have been good, right?) but it is traditional American fare, reasonably priced, and as I recall - pretty good. We're heading back to Getttysburg in the Summer and this is definitely the first place we'll go to for an adult beverage and dinner. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2012
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“SO SO”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

nothin special, don't drink micro brews just went for the food was just ok, husband liked the beer but not enough to go back again and again

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“big portions”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Food is good, but the place could be cleaner and more atmospheric

Visited September 2011
Washington, DC area
“Odd Experience, Average Food”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The food is mainly pub-grub and fine, but nothing special. The beers on offer are also fine, but given that this is a brewery, I found the selection surprisingly limited. Given our service experience (explained below), it was a very odd visit, and my spouse and I both wish we had started off going elsewhere.

My husband and I arrived at this restaurant around 4:30pm hungry from a day when we had skipped lunch. The menu had recently changed, and all the creative dishes we had been excited about when we looked at the menu available at our B & B were no longer available. We decided to stay anyway because my husband liked the steak & shrimp dish he saw the people at the next table dining on. When we asked them where it was on the menu, they said it was on the specials menu we had not received.

So we asked our server for the specials menu; she told us there was no specials menu. We drew her attention to the dishes being consumed at the table next to us, and asked her to check again to see if there was a specials menu. She returned to say that that menu was not available until 5pm, which was odd since others were eating food off it already. When we then asked if we could wait until 5pm to order (the restaurant was not busy at the time), she then said she would check to see if they would let us order off the specials menu early. She returned and took my husband's order for the special, while I chose fish & chips off the regular menu.

When the food arrived, the shrimp that was supposed to accompany my husband's steak was nowhere to be found. When we asked about this, the waitress said that the kitchen had changed the specials menu after we ordered, but that she would check to see if she could get us the shrimp. She brought out the shrimp, which my husband said was the best part of the meal. My fish & chips were fine, but nothing outstanding. While I do not believe the odd things that happened were our server's fault, and she did get what we wanted for us in the end, the difficulty we all seemed to encounter made it a poor experience overall.

• Visited November 2011