All reviews room was clean front desk the breakfast area waffles would stay here again minute drive waffle maker hard boiled eggs two queen beds included breakfast in town stayed for one night hot breakfast cookies downtown gettysburg great place to stay pleasant stay
Reviewed 2 June 2016

Looks small and is small but it is freshly updated and extremely clean. Don't go to this hotel if you're looking for a pool. It is very, very small. The breakfast accommodations are very limited in space size wise. The breakfast food is OK but could be better. The customer service from the front desk attendants is awesome. They are great people who really seem to care if the people that stay there or happy.

Room Tip: All rooms are newly remodeled.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Tamra D, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2016

Thank you Erica for taking the time to review our hotel we appreciate hearing from our guest's. We are one of the smaller hotels in Gettysburg but we try and give our guest's that big hotel feel. Our pool is tiny good for kids to splash around in however there are plans in the works to remedy that problem. The breakfast area is small and there are also plans to remedy that problem as well. Thank you for recognizing the staff they do a wonderful job for our guest's and I will be sure to share this with them. Hopefully next time your in town we may have some surprises so keep us in mind.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

This was the third stay at this facility in 4 years, and it continues as a well run and maintained hotel. Location is a distance from Gettysburg attractions, but we were just passing through, so this was not important. Front desk was friendly and helpful; free USA today. Room is nicely decorated (although they need to change the ugly green). Beds were comfy and in good condition. Strangely the third floor was noisier than lower floors with more road sounds from the 24 hour traveled York Road. Free breakfast was eggs and sausage, plus waffles and standard muffins. The breakfast area was busy and the attendant had trouble keeping the eggs fresh and filled. (Had to throw out the rubbery ones.) This was not typical of other visits, but should be addressed by the management.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms get less road noise.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Well first off thank you for your loyalty to us and Choice hotels. I would also like to thank you for all your kind words it is truly appreciated. I'm pleased to hear my staff was friendly and helpful during your stay with us. Breakfast can get busy at times and there are plans to remedy that problem so our guest's can enjoy there breakfast. I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with other travelers. We use all guest feedback to make improvements as needed so all our guest's have the best possible stay.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

When we arrived and I went to my room I saw on the night stand a person letter welcoming me to the hotel. I have NEVER had that happen in any Sleep Inn or any hotel for that matter. This Sleep Inn had about half the usual rooms you find off the interstate. My room, room 208, looked and smelled brand new. Carpet was clean with no stains. King bed looked and was comfortable. It was a BIG space with a closet and microwave and refrigerator in the center on granite counter. The best was the sofa and coffee table in this big room. So relaxing to sit and have a glass of wine before going out to dinner. Very friendly staff. Enjoyed my stay so much and will return soon.

Room Tip: Second floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

It makes me happy to hear this kind of feedback from our guest's thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others. I'm glad you found your room to smell and look brand new our housekeepers work very hard to keep rooms looking new. Thank you for all your kind words I will be sure to pass this along to everyone, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

This was an anniversary trip to Gettysburg for us. I had mentioned that fact on the phone and when we got there the staff had put candles, flower petals, snack and drinks in our room. Totally unexpected and awesome! Our whirlpool suite was excellent, much better than "suites" we have paid a lot more money for. It's also not a "large" hotel which was nice. All staff are friendly and excellent and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Special thanks to Stephanie and Craig. Overall one of our best hotel experiences ever. Location makes it very easy to access the Gettysburg battlefield experience and nearby antique shops in New Oxford.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie B

We are so happy to be a part of your special stay I'm glad you enjoyed the extras. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your anniversary get away and for taking the time to share with others your experience with us. I will be sure to share this with all my staff especially Stephanie and Craig. Happy Anniversary again look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Excellent family hotel 10 minutes from the battlefield, great staff, very helpful, chocolates on pillow, cookies late afternoon, very warm and welcoming. Especially clean! Highly recommend it. And i am fussy.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank loris444

Thank you for pointing out some of the things we do and also pointing out how helpful and great the staff was during your stay. I'm so glad you found our hotel warm and welcoming that is the feeling we want all our guest's to have. Thank you for recommending us highly it means a lot to us. On behalf of all of us here we thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again next time you plan a trip to Gettysburg.