All reviews movie theater courtyard by marriott typical courtyard nice hotel appalachian brewing company short drive would stay here again called the front desk gettysburg college plenty of parking comfortable beds king room hot tub easy access in town mini fridge a great place to stay
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

As a rewards member, I have stayed at a variety of Marriott's, Courtyard included. I'm not saying that this stay was horrible. I just had higher expectations. One of the perks of being a gold member, you can check in early/ check out late. I gave notice of my early arrival. They did not have that documented. This error was resolved quickly and my room assignment was changed. The front desk staff was always very courteous. The lobby was spacious, clean, and inviting. This was a business trip for my husband. When we got there and found out he had to stay elsewhere, I was on my own. I appreciated the location and always felt safe when coming and going.

The room I stayed in was a decent size with a nice bathroom/shower. I wasn't crazy about the tv on a slide. You have to pull it out from the desk and angle it for viewing. It feels like someone tried to tweek the layout of a typical hotel room, put the bed on an uncommon wall, and didn't consider guests comfort while watching tv. Yes, there is a very nice sitting area in the room but let's be honest. Most people watch the news while laying in bed.

I guess my main disappointment was with the cleaning. The vent to the air conditioning unit was gross. You could tell the headboard had not been dusted because there was a big palm print visible. Same with the pull out desk under the main desk. It looked like it had not been dusted for quite some time. There is no holder for soap in the bathroom unless you're supposed to use the plastic thing they sit the shampoo samples on. Speaking of shampoo samples...every other Marriott I've stayed at ALWAYS replaces the everyday. I used mine the first day and never received anymore. I'm all for reusing my bath towel for a couple of days but I want a new wash cloth. I received a new wash cloth daily but my used ones were left hanging in the bathtub for the entire stay. That's never happened before.

On my last morning there, I got a little freaked out. I know bed bugs are a thing. I get it. I check for them every where I stay and did here too. No sign of anything. On my very last morning, I dropped the controller under the bed, reached under to grab it, and pulled out a bed bug trap. I've never had to deal with anything like this so I'm assuming it was for preventative measures only. I was just thoroughly disgusted that I had touched it. Maybe shove it under the bed further next time as it was just barely tucked under. I was scheduled for a late check out but decided it was time for me to go. Would I stay here again?? If I'm ever in this area again I would consider staying here. I give (mostly) all things second chances.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Karen W, Manager at Courtyard Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Gettysburg. Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve service. As a Valued customer/Marriott Rewards member we failed to meet your expectations. I do apologize for all the inconveniences that you encoutnered during your stay. I have addressed the issues with the appropriate department head managers.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future with a positive stay experience.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We spent two days in Gettysburg visiting the Gettysburg Battlefield and related attractions. This Courtyard is a great place to stay, it has a very new, modern feel. The staff is very helpful. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. There is a great movie theater just across the parking lot. The hotel is about 10 minutes for the Gettysburg Battlefield and museum, a great place to stay when you're visiting these sites. We were also able to secure adjoining rooms, which was a plus for us. It seems unusual for us to score this request. I would recommend staying here when in Gettysburg

Room Tip: The top floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Karen W, General Manager at Courtyard Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Thank you for this great review. We love it when you love us. We always try to get our guests connecting rooms if at all possible based upon the requested room types and if the room types required actually connect as not all types do. It always helps to call the hotel direct after making the booking to let us know you needs so we can advise how we might be able to tweak a booking to improve the probability of honoring the request.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I am a Marriotts rewards member and have stayed at Marriotts consistently for both my business and personal travel. However, I was upset at the lack of customer engagement I found at this establishment. The first night of our stay, the room next to us was occupied by a group of drunken college students who kept running up and down the halls and slamming their door as a game. When I went down to the front desk to ask about this, because it was after midnight, they told me they would send security up. About 20 minutes later, a guard came up and the students stopped and it became quiet, so we went sleep. About another 20 or so minutes later the clerk called our room, waking my husband and me up. By that time, the students were up and at it again. I asked to be put in a different room but was told the "senior member of the family is taking care of it" in reference to the students. I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor (5th floor is top)
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Karen W, General Manager at Courtyard Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

We are extremely sorry when our guests have a disappointing experience during a stay with us. We strive to provide the best environment that we can and unfortunately we cannot always control the actions of some of our guests as much as we may wish. When a guest registers a concern we respond as quickly as we can with the resources at our disposal. In this case we dispatched our security officer who addressed and resolved the issue. We deeply regret if our follow-up disturbed you as it was the intention to ensure that the issue was resolved.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Staying here to visit Gettysburg. The hotel is clean, which is a plus. My only warning is that if there is a convention, be prepared to park in the very back of the parking lot. I had to park past car trailers and walk quite a long ways with an infant. The front desk manager told me the trailers weren't supposed to be parked onsite but they were. Conventions are clearly on the front of the staff's mind over a regular traveler.

Other than that it would have been a 4 star review had it not been for the parking issue.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Karen W, General Manager at Courtyard Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we are so sorry about the parking issue. We had a very large group of Model A Ford owners and it took a while for the organizers to communicate with their attendees about parking for their trailers. We worked with them to emphasize the importance of our other guests and within a day things were sorted with the trailers being relocated to the designated parking areas for them. We regret the inconvenience and corrected the problem as soon as we could given the large number of independent attendees.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

After all the reviews I had recalibrated my expectations. We had a good stay at the courtyard. The bathroom was remodeled and the shower was large, hot and water pressure was good. The decor was updated. My only qualm with the room was the tv didn't have a built in guide as someone on the road a lot it's pretty important to me. We used the pool and hot tub which my son was happy with. We went by the market and it was out of many of the snack items. My son wanted an ice cream bar. We went to the little snack bar and got a sundae. It was huge but it was also $5.

All in all a good visit.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Karen W, General Manager at Courtyard Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we have readjusted our market orders to stay ahead of demand.