“Delicious!!”

Hunt's Battlefield Fries & Cafe'
Ranked #4 of 138 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: USD 6 - USD 10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: The Building That Hunt's Battlefield Fries And Cafe' Is In, Is An Old House That Familys Once Lived In. The House At 61 Steinwehr Ave Was Not Here Yet During The Civil War Battle Of Gettysburg, But Was Build About 1900, Yes It Is Small Inside, But We Make Great Use Of The Space. We are CLOSED FOR THE SEASON FROM THANKSGIVING, DECEMBER, JANUARY AND FEBRUARY, REOPENING IN March.
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and it was absolutely delicious! We both got cheesesteaks and shared a basket of fries. I got a regular cheesesteak and it's probably the best I've ever had (and I've been to Philly!) My husband got a buffalo chicken cheesesteak - it was also delicious. Fries were very tasty. They have salt, ketchup, and vinegar spray on the table. We both got the homemade lemonade and it was to die for!
The atmosphere was cozy and laid back. I believe it was the owners who greeted us and took our order. They were extremely friendly.

When I go to Gettysburg again, I'm definitely going to stop by here. We honestly enjoyed this place more than the "fancy" restaurant down the street where we had our anniversary dinner- which we paid an arm and a leg for! This is affordable & delicious food- highly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Went there with high expectations and was not disappointed. The three men at the table all had variations of the steak sandwiches and all were great. The wife had the mushroom and swiss burger and it rocked as well. Fries were good as too. Funny little place with good food.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Small restaurant, but great breakfast food! Military focused, and has interesting artifacts of older TV and music history.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

We had lunch here. Its a tiny place. Grab any table you can find or share one with other customers. Very friendly staff. Burgers and fries were very good and prices were inexpensive.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

The pretzel burgers/hotdogs and fries are awesome. They also have 25+ bottled craft sodas on top of the regular choices of sodas. The service was great. I read the "bad" reviews & they are nonsense. Yes the dining area is small and the walls have tons of metal signs, but you come for their unbelievably good burgers and dogs on pretzel buns & the fries. I don't come to Gettysburg without eating here. Perfect Lunch.