“Good Food, lousy service”

Sidney Willoughby Run
Reserve with OpenTable
Sidney Willoughby Run is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 135 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: USD 12 - USD 32
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 30
Description: With a focus on simple ingredients, Chef Annis’ menu features small, elegant bites with sophisticated flavor. The menu, inspired by fresh, local ingredients, will change on a daily basis and has been designed to include a variety of small plates rather than the multi-course offerings of sister establishment, Restaurant Sidney in East Berlin.An extensive selection of liquor, beer, wine and cordials invites guests to relax in an urban contemporary atmosphere. The expansive outdoor seating area offers a serene experience with views of the battlefield land preserved by the National Park Service.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Our group of 11 had reservations. When we arrived there were 2 other tables of diners. After they left we were the only ones dining. Our glasses were filled with water and several asked for ice. The water was all gone when the ice came so we had ice without water. Eventually we had ice and water. Neither server asked if we wanted anything to drink before, during or after the meal (ie, coffee)
The menu had interesting selections and everyone was extremely pleased with the choices they had made. However, it was unbelievable how slow the service was. We waited for our meals to be served, waited for our plates to be removed, (one person had to leave without dessert because she had a meeting and we had been there almost 2 hours) and waited for dessert. We asked for dessert menus when she was given her check. There was an error on her check so it took some time for her to get her new one........... meanwhile we still didn't have the dessert menu. After her bill was corrected our waiter went back in to get the dessert menus! Definitely not a multi-tasker.
We waited a long time again for the desserts to arrive. At that time we asked for our bills because we had no idea how long that would take.
The presentation of the food was beautiful and the food was scrumptious but the waiting time was not appreciated. Again, we were the only ones there and we had reservations.
I am very disappointed as I am the one who made the reservations. I am sure our group will not choose to come back.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

First I sat down at the bar for a glass of wine. I asked my bartender Amanda to pick a white wine that was sweet. Her pick was spot on. I decided on the Seared Ahi Tuna for something light to snack on. I have NEVER had anything like this. It cut like butter. The bean purée under the tuna with the mix of the peppers... absolutely delicious. Then I decided on a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Ice cream is ice cream, right? Not here! I’ve never had ice cream that was this flavorful. Then the server brought out for each of the patrons the Chef’s sampling of a ham and Swiss croquette. This melted in my mouth. This item needs to be on the menu as an appetizer. One of the best restaurant experiences ever.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Sidney at Willoughby Run is one of the finest restaurants in South Central Pennsylvania. Veteran Chef Neil Annis continues to raise the bar high every time I visit and this dinner was no exception. A flawless experience and a wonderfully memorable meal. Tonight I tried the 8oz black angus sirloin medium rare which was perfectly cooked. Served with a delicious bacon infused potato gratin, winter greens in a red wine sauce it was the perfect choice for a chilly evening. Comfort food at its finest. Dessert was the double chocolate cake which was decadently delicious. Thank you for a wonderful birthday and another exceptional A+ dining experience.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Maybe we hit the restaurant on a bad night but this was one of the worst "fine dining" experiences we've ever had. SO's beef brisket came out like shoe leather, the "natural braising juices" were bland and tasted like tomato had been added, and everything was grossly under salted. I ordered the salmon. The first time it came out with a piece of fish the size of two stacked decks of cards. When I cut into it the fish was cold and raw on the inside. I sent it back. A second piece of fish came back about 10 minutes later that was obviously pan seared not poached and was like salmon jerky. It appeared the fish was then set on the spaghetti squash and nuked until it was hot. As a result the squash was inedible. And the chocolate chip cookies that came with the bill were crumbly and stale.
The staff was young and poorly trained. But they did try to make our experience more pleasant. Unfortunately for them the food was so bad that their efforts were in vain.

1  Thank 6ocicats
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Food was terrible. Price was expensive and food tasted like it was prepackaged frozen. Atmosphere was anything but private.