See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 April 2018

I was with a group that bought out the entire Eisenhower and Aspire Hotels for an event lasting from Thursday thru Sunday. Issue #1: Having stayed here before I was aware that only select rooms have refrigerators. Due to a specific need a frig was a must and thus requested when booked 6 mos in advance. At check in the rm had no frig. Staff were notified SEVERAL times but I never received the frig. In this day and age where even Motel 6 has a frig in EVERY room; how can a hotel not have it? #2: The room I had was the same room I had in the past. Renovations have been made. Linoleum has replaced carpeting, Ikea-sheik furniture has replaced the previous, and overall drab coloring with ill fitting K-Mart curtains outfit the room. #3 During the stay the door locking mechanism malfunctioned locking us out. With a maintenance crew and the owner called in it wasn't until 11pm one evening that repairs got it to work intermittently. [owner was called to speak to me personally; said he would come in 10 min. but NEVER showed!!] #4 The toilet ran incessantly when flushed - a huge annoyance. The matters of room #173 were hell. The hotel is old, worn, and needs to be closed and totally overhauled. The current spit and glue patching is a poor substitute.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms at the Eisenhower; if a must stay on the Apire Hotel side.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
7  Thank dallas and dan M
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stay here for 2 nights. Check in was easy we arrived early and had no issues getting in to the room early. The only thing was the restraunt was not open. This was not a big issue many restraunts within 5 miles of hotel. Close to many battelfield attractions.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Warren W
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I felt the room was not clean. There were towels ,but threadbare. The best thing is that the Hotel is less expensive than many others. You have to drive to get to Gettysburg but when I went there was parking in the town. Food at the hotel Was fair, best was Breakfast, standard Hotel food. Dinner was just eatable.

Stayed: June 2017
5  Thank GHTHOMAS
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Stayed there for 4 nights while visiting Gettysburg, Valley Forge & DC.
Staff were great and very helpful on how to see the best sites in the area.
It’s an old hotel but lots of history. We would stay there again. If you
want something new with plenty of amenities this is not for you. Looks, smells
and feels like an aging hotel past it’s prime.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank turningpointco1
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Some people like this place, some people hate this place. Personally, my wife and I loved this place. In the mountain setting and not to far from the Gettysburg battlefields, we found this place to be historic. Yes, it was old and dated and like 50 years old, but it was fun to step back in time and re live old history of where some great people used to stay. It had a large ballroom for events, it had a nice restaurant which the food was free at that time of year, and the breakfast buffet was included in the hotel price. If you like old and historic, don't stay here, if you like relic and famous, plese check it out. Its great and close to everything you are going to embark on.

Room Tip: easy access to the parking lot, bottom floors when traveling
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple