“wow” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Gettysburg
Bruce Peninsula, Canada
“wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stopped here on the way to Washington and were so taken with the amenities we booked two more nights on the way back from Washington. Indoor pool, spa, and breakfast for less than $50.00 unbelievable. People at the front desk were more than helpful with tours and what and where to find things. Rooms were clean, large and had free internet. We realize this was off season but even if the price was double it would be good value. Close to shopping, restaurants and the centre of Gettysburg. Front desk staff were exceptional for us as Seniors very helpful and resourceful. Mattresses were a little to soft for our liking but still had a restful sleep. Hall ways need to be ventilated to reduce the stale smell.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Amy R, Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
The staff at Super 8 are so thankful for your review. All our staff strive to make each and every guests' stay as comfortable as possible. We are glad your took advantage of all the many amenities we offer. If you happen to come through the Gettysburg area feel free to stop in.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

It was my husband's turn to pick were we would be staying. When he said he found a great place for only 50 something a night I was a little worried. However, when we got there and opened the door all I kept saying was WOW! I could not believe how big and clean the room was. Plus, there was free internet and breakfast. Have stayed at many hotels in Gettysburg but for the money this place was the best.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
We thank you for such a wonderful review. We are glad that your expectations were exceeded. If you need any other lodging in the Gettysburg area please feel free to contact us directly!

Thanks Again!
Amy Riffey
Albany, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

The hotel was a great price for two nights in Gettysburg, but as expected you get what you pay for.

The pros: price, beds were comfy, not far away from downtown, front desk person greeting was nice, and free continental breakfast.

The cons: Ventilation on the second floor hallway would be helpful since it smells like cigarette smoke, clock was broken in the room, no "Do Not Disturb" sign and they never cleaned our room. As stated above we had no DND sign so they should have come and even after a phone call to the front desk who said they'd take care of it, no one ever came.

Overall I'd probably give it another chance if I was ever in Gettysburg again because it was so cheap, but even an inexpensive hotel should do the basics like service/clean the room.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Thank you for your review. I do apologize about the housekeeping services that you did not receive. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this situation.

pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

This was previously a Holiday Inn Express. They have updated the place post take-over and its just too cheap a rate for what they offer. I work for a hotel and am very picky. Many times when a hotel loses its franchise, it is because of lack of keeping the place up and running well. It may not be what the new Express hotels are like, but it is definately more than your average Super 8. You cannot get such a nice place for such a great price anymore. I have stayed here a few times, and have never had a complaint. I could mention the whole hot breakfast ordeal with some more variety, butt then I would sound like the typical whiner on this website. Lets face it, for the money you save, you can buy Perkins itself. I look forward to a weekend whirlpool room with the family visit in mid January.

Mike G

Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank gburn07
Thank you for such a nice review. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

My only complaint was that noone cleaned my room, and I was there for 3 nights. Other than that, it's a great room for the price, and everyone was nice. Also, a man just entered my room without knocking, wanting to touch up with some paint. I wasn't dressed when he came in. I would have complained when I checked out but noone was at the desk. Not sure if I'd stay here again, I would need some reassurance that my room would be cleaned

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amy R, General Manager at Super 8 Gettysburg, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
I do apologize for what you encountered during your stay. Did you bring it to the Front Desk Agents attention that your room had not been cleaned? I wish we could have gotten that taken care of during your stay as we do attempt to clean all of our guests room unless the DND sign is on.
As for the man attempting to paint your room, I do apologize on his bahalf, I am not sure if he thought you left for the day or was already checked out. I will speak with him to make sure he checks with the desk first.
Our Front Desk Agents also take care of the breakfast and lobby area during their shifts so I assure they were just busy at the moment when you came down to check out. At any point you are more than welcome to use the phone located at the desk to dial "0" as instructed to speack with an associate.
I hope you give us a chance to prove our selves to you and if you need any further feelf ree to contact me.