All reviews blue parrot majestic suite cookies the lord nelson suite union hotel breakfast basket coffee cake turn down service baked goods charming hotel within walking distance small kitchen living area small hotel street noise heart of downtown town square
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I use "romantic" not in the lover's sense but in the atmospheric sense. This small boutique hotel isn't exactly sumptuous but it is truly full of the feel of old Gettysburg. We enjoyed a lovely stay, slept well and had the convenience of walking to everything in town worth seeing (except for touring the Park, which is just too big to walk around.)

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 18 June 2018

We have been twice and love it here. The only complaint I have this past time in the John Troxell room. The street noise and the noise from the bar next door made it where we could not sleep or sleep well.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2018

My husband and I came down to Gettysburg for a short "honeymoon" weekend getaway. I chose the James Getty for its location and "charm". And I could Not have chosen a better hotel. First class treatment from the time we pulled up to the day we said goodbye. The suite was amazing and the breakfast prepared for us in the fridge was wonderful..Look forward to return stay and have already recommended this to our friends.

Heather and Doug Miller...Lewistown PA

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018

stayed overnight May 25, 2018. this is a nice small hotel. Everything was clean and the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly. I would recommend this place anytime. the location is ideal. the full size fridge and microwave are nice to have.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2018

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in May. Our room was very comfortable and spacious. The front desk people were very nice and helpful. They have free parking in the back of hotel. This hotel is in the heart of town were many nice boutiques are. They have the best coffee of any hotel we stayed at. This is a charming place and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Spacious rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple